SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Aftermarket Glock triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aftermarket Glock triggers Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have real world input on aftermarket Glock triggers? I am looking at the APEX , but wanted some input. Thanks

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6950043004

Lots of good info there

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
I have the McNally trigger in my G17. Clean 3.5 lb break. I'm about to put one in my G19. Highly recommend.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I cannot speak to Apex Tactical triggers for Glocks. I do use an Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Kit for a CZ Shadow 2 and can say the product works as advertised and their customer support was second to none.

For Gen 4 Glocks I use the Overwatch Precision Falx trigger. I have used both the trigger with trigger bar and the drop in trigger kit.

The trigger with trigger bar reduces pre-travel and provides an improved trigger reset.

In addition to the above, the Falx drop in trigger kit includes a minus connector which reduced trigger pull weight by approximately 8 ounces.

I am satisfied with both Overwatch products.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
I've had great luck w/ the Suarez International Flat 'n Straight triggers. I believe they call their current model the Face Shooter Trigger. Regardless of what they call them, they are excellent upgrades.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I had an Overwatch Poly DAT. Flat face just felt too awkward to me.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
Does anyone have real world input on aftermarket Glock triggers? I am looking at the APEX , but wanted some input. Thanks

I like the Overwatch TAC.
Here it is in a P80 G19 clone in the charged position.
It is vertical when at the "wall".

Most Glock aftermarket triggers come with OEM trigger bars.
The AM trigger will often reduce take-up and over travel, but typically will not affect pull weight.

For a lower pull weight there are other things that you have to address in a Glock.
It's an easy process.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Vicker’s/Tangodown **Gen2** verson, it does not reduce pre-travel,or a Johnny Glock modified factory OEM trigger shoe, it only reduces pre-travel if you want it to. I actually prefer the factory pre-travel on my Glock pistols

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ Overwatch Poly DAT. I just swapped out the stock trigger in my G48 for the poly DAT.
I had put a Johnny Glocks Trigger shoe on the stock trigger but wanted to try the Poly DAT.
Glad I did. Its priced right, too.
The stock trigger had a poorly fitted safety tab that was hurting my finger.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the Poly DAT in my 42, and an Overwatch TAC in a 35, all the rest are Apex.
For me the Apex has a better “feel” while shooting.
The Apex made a huge difference in my 43, my wife took it!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Salient triggers work for me.

Tried some of the other trigger varieties and Salient had what I was looking for.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the Overwatch Precision FALX trigger. I prefer a curved trigger over a flat trigger. The shape of the FALX is similar to the Glock OEM trigger (which I like) but is smoother, a bit lighter, and has less take up.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Suarez triggers. I buy the shoes and simply punch the trigger pivot out. $35. The Vickers tangodown is also a nice option but I found the dingus rubs a bit(phrasing?)

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I just bought an apex trigger for my g45 today. I’ll try to remember to let you know how it goes

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
take a look at glocktriggers.com Lots of alternatives. The owner is a competitive shooter

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a ZEV complete trigger kit in one and just a Kineti-tech trigger/bar in the other. The Kineti-tech is actually a really nice trigger for the money. The ZEV is curved and has a great trigger pull and the Kineti is a flat face which really changes the overall feel of the standard pull.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered both the Overwatch Poly DAT and the APEX Action Enhancement Trigger. Both are reasonable improvements over the factory trigger. I have only dry fired these, so no real world testing has bën conducted. Both are smoother and the Overwatch does seem to shorten the take-up distance. The Overwatch comes with a prepolished trigger bar which gives it the edge in smoothness. However, If I were forced to pick one, it would be the APEX. The Apex's aluminum trigger shoe just feels more solid and provides a direct feel of trigger engagment. The trigger take up and break are still unmistakably glock, but the stout feel takes away some of the staple-gun springiness.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I ordered both the Overwatch Poly DAT and the APEX Action Enhancement Trigger. Both are reasonable improvements over the factory trigger. I have only dry fired these, so no real world testing has bën conducted. Both are smoother and the Overwatch does seem to shorten the take-up distance. The Overwatch comes with a prepolished trigger bar which gives it the edge in smoothness. However, If I were forced to pick one, it would be the APEX. The Apex's aluminum trigger shoe just feels more solid and provides a direct feel of trigger engagment. The trigger take up and break are still unmistakably glock, but the stout feel takes away some of the staple-gun springiness.

This is an apples-oranges comparison.
You are comparing the Apex flagship trigger against the budget Overwatch trigger.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post