SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ok, I scratched that 1911 itch. Pics added on page 2.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok, I scratched that 1911 itch. Pics added on page 2. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The more you scratch, the more it itches. This makes nine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd D. Barber,

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Congrats, lets see some pics!

I have a scratch for a full size 5" 9mm with rail.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

My payment arrived at the Seller today. I hope to have it next week.

I will post pics, before it goes back to Wilson for new N/S and the Magwell chute.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

My payment arrived at the Seller today. I hope to have it next week.

I will post pics, before it goes back to Wilson for new N/S and the Magwell chute.

Shoot the gun before you send it back!!!!!!!!!!!! If there's any issues you don't want to send it back a second time on your dime......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new Wilson, and let us know how Wilson's Customer Service is these days. They used to be top notch but I've no dealings with them in a few years and wondered if they've maintained their reputation. I've always had great CS with both Nighthawk and Wilson in the past. They both always seemed to go above and beyond..at least in my dealings with them.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
As luck would have it. The FFL handling the transfer is closed on Sat/Sun.

USPS attempted delivery today at 10:23

Oh well, patience is a virtue..................isn't that what they say?

Pics coming next week.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
This is a Kimber Series 1 manufactured in 1998. I recently put Wilson's best spring kit in it. I do need new grips.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

(Click on the picture to enlarge it.)

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

I am diggin' it!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
It looks perfect/NIB. You did good.

BUT, you didn't scratch that itch, you just started the itch!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else scratch that 1911 itch?

Congrats Steve, that's a fine looking example.

I too have a hankering for a Commander, but I want one with a lightweight alloy frame. My wallet will not allow me one with a pedigree like yours, but I am considering a Colt LW Commander, or the Ruger LW Commander.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, it is in really, really nice condition.

Oh look, the 1911 Fairy delivered a pkg. from Wilson today.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:

Congrats Steve, that's a fine looking example.

I too have a hankering for a Commander, but I want one with a lightweight alloy frame. My wallet will not allow me one with a pedigree like yours, but I am considering a Colt LW Commander, or the Ruger LW Commander.

Thank you.

I never thought I would be able to afford one. I found this on GB after looking for a long time. I was looking at the stainless, Colt XSE's in .38 Super and some of those were pushing $1,500-$2,000. My winning bid as $2,475 and $35 for S & H, $15.00 for the transfer.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you, it is in really, really nice condition.

Oh look, the 1911 Fairy delivered a pkg. from Wilson today.

Id steer clear of the ShokBuffs but other than that looks good.
Lots of people swear by them but the Shock Buff can potentially put undue pressure on the slide stop pin leading to breakage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I get to see two very cool 1911s in the last 24 hours. Yours and one that I actually got to hold up close, a transfer in from Nighthawk for one of our regular customers. That one was the Heinie Long Slide 10mm, though shipped with their half checkered Coco Bolo grips instead of the woods with the Heinie logo. Marvelous creations, these things that WC and Nighthawk make. However Nighthawk needs to find a better supplier for their zippered gun cases. Crappiest zipper ever for a case that houses a $3800+ pistol...

Sorry, no pics. Not my gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats! enjoy your new weapon, may she shoot true, and may you never "Need" to use het in anything but for your enjoyment.

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Rln_21

Thank you for the heads up, I had no idea.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have four times, but it keeps coming back. Starting to get a rash now. I'd love a Springer Professional non railed.....mmmmmmmm.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After a few months of following dozens of 1911's, chambered for .38 Super, I pulled the trigger........... or, I won an auction.

My desire was for a steel, Commander Length 1911, chambered for .38 Super. I watched and bid on several, Kimber, Colt, Ed Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson and a few others.

I was the winner of a used Wilson Combat Elite Professional.

I hope to have it by the end of the week, so with my luck, it will probably be next week.

This particular Wilson was a 2 week auction, so patience was required. The Seller has in excess of 1120 positive, zero neutral or negative feedback, so I felt pretty comfortable spending this kind of money.

I still love my P-220/.38 Super, but just got that 1911 itch again, after probably 30 years.

Anyway, as soon as it arrives, it may be going back to Wilson for new N/S and inspection.

CONGRATS on your Wilson Pro....great pistol...
I have one in .45 . The 1911 bug is just as bad as the Sig bug.....enjoy

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 179 | Registered: September 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Love the flared bushing.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That thing is going to shoot like a laser, and recoil will be nil with the extra weight up front.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post