SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ok, I scratched that 1911 itch. Pics added on page 2.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok, I scratched that 1911 itch. Pics added on page 2. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
After a few months of following dozens of 1911's, chambered for .38 Super, I pulled the trigger........... or, I won an auction.

My desire was for a steel, Commander Length 1911, chambered for .38 Super. I watched and bid on several, Kimber, Colt, Ed Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson and a few others.

I was the winner of a used Wilson Combat Elite Professional.

I hope to have it by the end of the week, so with my luck, it will probably be next week.

This particular Wilson was a 2 week auction, so patience was required. The Seller has in excess of 1120 positive, zero neutral or negative feedback, so I felt pretty comfortable spending this kind of money.

I still love my P-220/.38 Super, but just got that 1911 itch again, after probably 30 years.

Anyway, as soon as it arrives, it may be going back to Wilson for new N/S and inspection.

Anyone else scratch that 1911 itch?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P-220,

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Got any pics from the auction?

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll be very happy with it. I'd have a 9mm barrel fitted for it personally. But I'm sure you'll love it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Even if you don't primarily shoot 1911's, they are collectible with all of their differences and lots of fun at the range.

I scratched the itch last year.....several times. The only picture I don't have is the one of my most recent purchase, a Colt Delta Elite.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/6...972/pix999804109.jpg

Wow. That's a nice looking piece. I'm always amazed at the difference between the high end 1911's and the middle to low-end 1911's when you place them next to each other. Visually, there isnt much of a difference between a Springfield and a Ruger, but there is a BIG difference when you put an Ed Brown or a Wilson Combat next to one of those. Its almost like comparing an Omega Speedmaster to a Timex. Both tell time, but one does it with class.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Wow, Billy, that Colt looks fantastic.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Wow, Billy, that Colt looks fantastic.

Thanks. Its a nice shooter too! I was nailing bowling pins at 60 yards back in November.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

This particular Wilson was a 2 week auction...

Oh boy, I bet that felt like forever.

My .38 1911 itch was scratched by buying a box of parts from a guy who had spent loads of cash on a race gun setup. There was enough to cobble together a complete 1911 that is crazy! Would be a bit over the top for me had I seen the thing for sale by itself. The only thing I had to get was a six and a half pound progressive recoil spring to get it to work consistently.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice. I've long had a vague yen for a .38 Super 1911.

A nice commercial, pre-war Colt would be perfect for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have a couple of basic Colts (Series 70 repro and Tier III Anniversary) and I just ordered a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm. I will probably try to get a full sized Valor .45 next.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting a great gun in a great caliber. I just got a VBOB from DW Custom Shop in 38 Super. I too love the cartridge and own several guns chambered in it. My only Sig is a P220 in 38 Super.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

I initially did with one of the Remington UMC commemoratives built by Turnbull. Looking for one in 9mm now. Would like a DW Valkyrie, but, will probably end up with some variation of a Colt Govt. model.

I checked out the listing - very nice. Good luck with it Steve.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I've got a Wilson CQB 5" in .38 Super circa 2004 build.

It is an absolute joy to shoot. I could give up 45acp 1911s and transition to all supers without any regrets.

If you need a few recipes for reloads, feel free to drop me a line and I can share a few with you.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
I scratched my itch about noon today. Called John at 1911Heaven and ordered a Les Baer Premier II.
Along with the order, we discussed his career from working for a barrel manufacturer in the early days to where he is now. Advertising, distributing, who is allowed to sell which manufacturer and why, etc...
Pretty nice guy.
Hopefully it will be in my hands by the end of the week.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A while back I picked up a Sig 1911 XO in .357 Sig to scratch it. I found a decent deal and I wanted a .357 Sig pistol to try.

Now I'm wanting a 1911 in 10mm!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Congrats

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I'm scratching more. I picked up a Dan Wesson Heritage a couple years back and recently came to the conclusion I really enjoy shooting the 1911.

So far this year I picked up the EMP4 in 40 and a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice gun. The folks at WC are wonderful to work with and will give your gun a good look and replace anything they feel is necessary.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Great score, congrats man!

Posts: 5099 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
I took some Glock 19 and Sig 229 medicine for my 1911 itch and it went away permanently.

I have owned and loved my fair share, but finally traded off my last one a year or so ago.

Still love .45 ACP, but have a 227 to handle that.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post