SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    France's new Glock 17
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

France's new Glock 17 Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Has what to do with them adopting Glock pistols?

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Rumor is, instead of live rounds, the pistols merely fire a white flag!

I'm not French or affiliated with anything French, but Jesus this joke is so tired. Is this really necessary in 2020? I mean, what's the value added here?
You're right, it's a tired joke... but lighten the fuck up, man! It's a gun forum, not a Mason lodge meeting!
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9660060564/p/1

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why does every comment have to have added value? Lighten up Francis. It’s a joke.

I don’t know why they went two tone but I like it. Don’t own a gen5 but that one is purty.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Sorry but I have disdain for the French since every one I’ve ever met acts like they smell something when they encounter an American...unless they need us to liberate their country.
Thats really an ignorant comment..

Posts: 2305 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Sorry if my lame "white flag" joke started to derail this thread.
That is an attractive pistol, nice color combo, handy lanyard...
I love Glock pistols and am happy when i see new variations and contracts with any agencies

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They look pretty cool. I wouldn't mind picking one up. And I've been to France many times. Love the place.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
quote:
Sorry but I have disdain for the French since every one I’ve ever met acts like they smell something when they encounter an American...unless they need us to liberate their country.
Thats really an ignorant comment..

Isnt it wonderful that we live in such a great country that we can all have different opinions?

Any now back to the thread and my apologies for the drift.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The lanyard loop is a nice touch. The gen5 Glocks are nice. Whatever else is out there, the Glock is never a bad choice for police or military use.
Standard magazine capacity of 17/19 rounds and extended magazines offering 24 or 31/33 rounds of 9x19mm. There are all sorts of great choices for a police/miitary pistol, but the Glock works so well that even those who don't like them acknowledge their pure utility.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The lanyard loop is a nice touch. The gen5 Glocks are nice. Whatever else is out there, the Glock is never a bad choice for police or military use.
Standard magazine capacity of 17/19 rounds and extended magazines offering 24 or 31/33 rounds of 9x19mm. There are all sorts of great choices for a police/miitary pistol, but the Glock works so well that even those who don't like them acknowledge their pure utility.

Agreed and you brought up the lanyard loop. Isnt the hole in The backstrap glocks version of a lanyard loop? I wonder why they changed. I’m sure it was part of the specs for the military but is one better than the other in real world use?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is funny. I have never attached a lanyard to a pistol ever but I have always liked lanyard loops in pistols. Seems very purposeful. It makes me want to buy a lanyard.

And I can’t really think of a better choice of issue gun. Perhaps you can find equal but not really better.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol in my book. Would love to have the MOS version with the suppressor.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I am actually surprised they have gone pretty much completely to non domestic arms. The French have a pretty long history making some pretty decent domestic arms and arming their country with them.

All of their government small arms manufacturing arsenals have been shut down. So they now have to procure their military and law enforcement guns from outside manufacturers.

MAS (St. Etiennes) closed in 2002.
MAB (Bayonne) closed in 1982
MAC (Chatellerault) closed in 1968.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was an easy win for Glock, the two other contenders were the CZP10C and the Croatian HS9. Hk, SIG and FN didn't compete.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn’t even know Glock did the “glow in the dark” sight thing.

Buy 75,000 on them and you can have them in pink and purple two-tone with sights dovetailed into the side of the slide.

Posts: 5157 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
It was an easy win for Glock, the two other contenders were the CZP10C and the Croatian HS9. Hk, SIG and FN didn't compete.

The cz is a really good pistol.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I'm not French or affiliated with anything French, but Jesus this joke is so tired. Is this really necessary in 2020? I mean, what's the value added here?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9660060564/p/1

These are the jokes, Folks!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Certainly a shame that home grown designs/ national arsenals and arms factories are from days past.

Though, it is hard to argue with what works, what's compatible with other nations, and what's cheap.

Glock 17 is a fantastic choice for a service pistol.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by toto:

The cz is a really good pistol.

What advantage should this pistol have over the Beretta 92 style pistol they want to replace? CZ is certainly not bad,but they tinker around their CZ75 pattern for 45 years without getting one step forward. Why should France buy a work in progress project when they can get the technological standard of the 90´s?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OTD,

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
quote:

very respectful way of treating a longtime ally Roll Eyes

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am actually surprised they have gone pretty much completely to non domestic arms. The French have a pretty long history making some pretty decent domestic arms and arming their country with them.

Thats because nothing of that industry is left. After the Famas it vanished.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post