SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pawn shop rescue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pawn shop rescue Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Spied this old girl in the used case and decided it needed a new home. It appears to be an early P229 .40 , likely LE trade in. What got my attention was the early SN , legacy slide, and the fact that I have a brand new 9mm conversion barrel for it. It's in good shape to be 23 years old. I'm guessing 1994 production from the serial numbers we have recorded. Looks to have German made frame. Anybody have one that is close SN wise? Don't like the sights and have plans to replace them with Trijicon HDs. Also plan a set of G10 grips and eventually finding a .357 Sig barrel.
Some photos from today with the 9mm barrel. Sorry about the grease, I thought I had it wiped down. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 241 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That's a clean example, I have an AC1111X in both 40 and 357 that's pretty beat up but is smooth as butter.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very nice find.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine's an AD35something, which is '94. Assuming original grips and/or mags, you can check for the date stamp. Not going to tell you exactly when it was built but it won't be any earlier.

My well-worn, dirty girl:

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Love the early P-229's.

Nice rescue!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Mine's an AD35something, which is '94. Assuming original grips and/or mags, you can check for the date stamp. Not going to tell you exactly when it was built but it won't be any earlier.

My well-worn, dirty girl:

I did pull the grips, assuming they are original and I think they are they show a date of '94. So I'll call it a 1994 and edit the first post.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
AB10463 .40 P229

Purchased new late 1992 early 1993.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My .40S&W is a '94 ADxxxxx. An older pic:

Really a sweet shooter that I regret that I didn't buy sooner. Found it sitting forlornly on GB a few yrs back.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
How about a family portrait.

top to bottom:
P6 1981
P225 Herndon JH
P228 Herndon JK
P226 Tyson Corner JF
P226 KA
P220 9mm HH
P229 .40 1994
Not shown here P229 Legion 9MM and P320RX

Wow! I can't believe I left this one out of the portrait. It deserves it's own photos! P226 X Five L1:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

posted Hide Post
I have an AC10309. I thought it was a '94, but will have to check on it. Looks identical to yours. I bought a .357 Sig conversion barrel as well. This is a nicely made gun.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I have an AC10309. I thought it was a '94, but will have to check on it. Looks identical to yours. I bought a .357 Sig conversion barrel as well. This is a nicely made gun.

Yes, they are well made pistols. How do you like the .357 Sig?

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Nice find! That thing looks in great shape.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking 229 got2have1.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
quote:

Yes, they are well made pistols. How do you like the .357 Sig?

I like the .357 Sig a lot. Much easier on the wrist than .40 and packs a huge punch. I have never shot .357 Sig indoors, but note that outside it is somewhat louder than a 9mm. Regarding recoil it feels like a hot 9mm round, nothing hard to handle.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Awesome, sounds like a fun round. I'll be on the lookout for a barrel. Cool

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I added the G10 grips today and the Trijicon HD night sights. I am really liking those sights, I have them on 3 of my Sigs now.

posted Hide Post
I am changing my Trijicon front sights to the thinner HD-XR version. The original HD's are too thick.

-c1steve

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am changing my Trijicon front sights to the thinner HD-XR version. The original HD's are too thick.

I probably should try those also, what color do you prefer. I like the yellow best.

Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I have an ALxxxxx that originally came in 49S&W and I later added the 357 sig barrel.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post