SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pawn shop rescue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pawn shop rescue Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
I added the G10 grips today and the Trijicon HD night sights. I am really liking those sights, I have them on 3 of my Sigs now.

Looks great! (Quoted the pics too as they're worth repeating....)

My first SIG was just like yours....wish I could have afforded to keep it, but sold it to fund some other SIGs.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think they are very handsome pistols. Hope you can obtain one again. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the best P229s ever made were those triple and double SN early guns. Congrats on the nice purchase.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, I had a chance to shoot it yesterday afternoon with some buddies. It did well, and has a very nice SA trigger. The double is a little heavy for my taste, but manageable. Wanting to shoot some more with it now. Big Grin

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Congrats got2hav1, that is very nice!

A triple serial 357 Sig 229 is big time on my list. Hopefully one day.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Nice find!

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
What did you do with the old TruGlo sights ???

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Bought Got2hav1's old TruGlo sights.
Looks like I'll finally get to use that sight tool I bought 8 years ago.

Anxious to try them out on my 229 elite

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Bought Got2hav1's old TruGlo sights.
Looks like I'll finally get to use that sight tool I bought 8 years ago.

Anxious to try them out on my 229 elite

In the mail today Grump . Shows expected delivery on Tuesday.