SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone know if Glock worked out the kinks on the 44?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know if Glock worked out the kinks on the 44? Login/Join 
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I'd say look at the Kel-Tec CP33 as well. Mine's great.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Personally, I cannot get past the nearly all plastic .22 thing even if it is meant to mimic a Glock 19. I don't have one but over on GlockTalk lots of people do have them and are generally liking the pistol a lot. There also was a slide and extractor change on Glock 44's made after serial prefix AEHK. Here is a copy of an email from Glock and the poster's comments (posted on GlockTalk) as to why there was a change, it apparently has nothing to do with functioning or firing:

After so really digging, I received answers straight from GLOCK:
1)
The extractor change you are referring to was part of a slide and extractor modification. AEBK was among the earlier produced G44s and would have the original extractor design installed. Since the change was to the slide and extractor the newer extractor is not compatible with your slide.

As this was a manufacturing modification you do not need to have your slide or extractor replaced as there are no specific issues with your extractor or slide.

2)
Pistols with serial number prefix AEHK and on will have that modification.

While I’m not privy to all the details it had to do with a rare situation involving chamber flags. Essentially if the slide was released under full RSA tension with certain types of chamber flags in the barrel the extractor would be pushed out too far causing the firing pin safety to come unseated and render the pistol inoperable. These chamber flags would have to be oriented so the flag was pointing to the right for this to happen. The extractor and slide modification integrate a more aggressive over travel stop to prevent that from happening.

If you are a Glock person and must have everything Glock then this pistol is for you. I am a Glock guy but have no use for .22 or this pistol.
Trust me, I used to be with the Government

This is the post I saw on another forum regarding the Glock 44 slide issues.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I had one for a couple of weeks when they first came out. I shot 2 boxes of mini mags with no problems but had issues with Federal bulk pack 22. A buddy wanted it bad and I wasn’t really in love with it so I sold it to him. I got a Taurus TX22 to replace it and its a better gun in my opinion. Both shadow in comparison to my Ruger MKIV Tactical w/ RMR but that’s a totally different experience. If you want a 22 trainer either the 44 or TX will do the job.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
It's been discussed in other threads, but don't forget the Sig 22LR possibilities-

The P220 22LR conversion makes it a very cost effective plinker.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I really don;t have time today to look through the owners manual, but does anyone know what type of rifling is in this G44?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Sheedy Ern Ern today, one of the offers is the Promag 18 round mag for the G44 on sale for $19.99.

Purchased two of them, figured it was worth $40 to find out, if it works, maybe get a few more.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/glo...promag.html?___SID=U

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I was on the fence with the 44, also considered the CP33. Finally a few weeks ago, decided to go with the Mk IV 22/45 LITE, comes with a threaded barrel (44 doesn't).

I have the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit and the Tandemkross Vicotroy trigger. Just waiting for my right thumb to heal (cut needing 4 stitches) to install the items.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16681 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
My Kel Tec CP 33 has 33 round mags in .22lr and it feeds like a dream. If Kel Tac can do it, I'd think Glock and others should be able to figure it out too.

I think Keltec patented that quad row mag design on the CP33

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have the Mk IV Lite in black, it's a great shooter, thinking about the Volquartsen kit, had it on my Mark III

THe Keltec CP33 is on my list everytime it comes up on Sheedy Ern Ern I have to hold off clicking the buy it now button LOL

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post