SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is a 226 legion 9mm worth
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a 226 legion 9mm worth Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
From the Sig site 226 Legion features.
An enhanced polished action with the SRT (Short-Reset Trigger) is augmented with a Grayguns, Inc. designed P-SAIT trigger.

Of the 4 p series that I have, it has by far the best trigger.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind a P226 SAO personally

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Legion 226 SAO a couple of weeks ago. The gun is very accurate and the trigger is just plain outstanding. I think it's worth the money.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
From the Sig site 226 Legion features.
An enhanced polished action with the SRT (Short-Reset Trigger) is augmented with a Grayguns, Inc. designed P-SAIT trigger.

Of the 4 p series that I have, it has by far the best trigger.

I’ve seem a couple of hundred in classes. They are no better or worse than the rest of the P Series pistols. And from having been on the assembly line, they are assembled and not polished.

The marketing explains where people get the false idea that there is something special. I understand now.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 other Sig P series pistols. I bought my legion for all the extra features that come with it. My legion replaced a nitron p227r which is still a fine weapon. I got the legion for LE pricing so it was a little cheaper.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Interesting.
Maybe I just got really lucky, the last two I bought are mediocre at best.
I have been meaning to take it apart and see if I can tell what makes this one so smooth.
The DA/SA is on par with the others I have (19# mainspring in all) but the DA pull makes the others feel pretty bad by comparison.
But I am not the original owner so who knows if it's been fiddled with after it left the factory.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Hmm, seems to be a magic butter juice.
https://www.realgunreviews.com...6-to-legion-specs/7/
quote:
Action Enhancement
The Legion’s stunning action doesn’t stop with an updated mainspring assembly and SRT Kit. Because of the relationship between Grayguns and SIG, I initially wondered whether Grayguns was performing any of the internal polishing and custom action work on the Legion, since they’re well known for their SIG action work. But both Grayguns and SIG confirmed to me that all of the action work inside the Legion is performed by the gunsmiths at SIG’s Custom Shop.

Initially, I also presumed that the SIG Custom Shop was submitting each Legion pistol to their Action Enhancement Package, which their website describes as “factory gunsmiths hone and polish critical surfaces to lighten and smooth both the double-action and single-action trigger pulls taking your SIG Sauer to the next level without voiding the factory warranty.” Apparently it also includes polishing of your feed ramp.

But after a conversation with SIG, I learned that the “enhanced action” on the Legion is actually the result of an automated process done on the production line via chemical processes, and not by hand at the SIG Custom Shop (more on the Custom Shop’s work below).

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think the "butter juice" is in the marketing.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
My 226 Legion is an SAO. The trigger is phenomenal. I love it and it was well worth the price in my opinion. I wish my 229 and 220 Legions were SAO's!
My 220 Legion is an SAO and the trigger is outstanding to say the least. So very glad I was able to find one since the 220 Legion SAO has been discontinued.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I can’t speak to the DA/SA Legion triggers, but the SAO triggers are awesome.

Not sure if they are “worth it” at MAP or regular prices, but if you can get them for $1K or so, I certainly think they are. Most I paid for my Legion SAO was $1035 for the P229 right after it hit the streets.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Definitely worth the money. My Legion is the P226 SAO and the trigger is very close to my WC 1911. No problem with the finish, but I don't carry it either. Go for it!!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger on my Legion is noticeably better than that on my Mk 25. Maybe I just got lucky. It happens.

I also read somewhere that the grayguns trigger on earlier guns isn’t the same as later guns. Doesn’t have a pre travel screw or some such thing. My memory fails me.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by hk91308:
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
The obvious ones are sights which i like, slide controls not so much, besides finish, grips and I think a different trigger is there something else im missing?

trigger guard , higher undercut

Half beavertail, heavy met guide rod, front strap checkering, tuned SRT trigger, and extra mag.

I’m not sure how the idea that the Legion comes with a “tuned” trigger, but it is patently false.

I comes with standard trigger parts. You have a half and half chance that you wil get a usable trigger, or a 19 pound DA that’s gritty. Those are the same odds you have with any P Series pistols.

I guess I'll have to believe my lying eyes on this one buddy. I had mine apart and can see where it was smoothed and polished. No grit and lighter than any other of my P series guns with a reset that is shorter than any gun I've ever handled.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The trigger on my Legion is noticeably better than that on my Mk 25. Maybe I just got lucky. It happens.

I also read somewhere that the grayguns trigger on earlier guns isn’t the same as later guns. Doesn’t have a pre travel screw or some such thing. My memory fails me.

I got one of the faulty ones with a very good trigger too, better than any other plain Jane 226 I've seen. I also got one of the rare ones with perfect finish that has been durable.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I guess I'll have to believe my lying eyes on this one buddy. I had mine apart and can see where it was smoothed and polished. No grit and lighter than any other of my P series guns with a reset that is shorter than any gun I've ever handled.

So let’s try this from another angle. You’ve got just as good a chance of getting a great action on a non-Legion as you do with a Legion.

And I don’t know what to tell you about polishing. It is a mass produced pistol that they do not do action work on.

www.opspectraining.com

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
My experience of late doesn’t match the hype across a wide range of guns.

Fair enough.

I've handled a few P229 Legions that had terrible triggers. Bad enough to turn me off of owning one which really was a let down since on paper the Legion spec'd P229 was the perfect carry pistol for me.

I really don't want to squabble about if certain guns may or may not have been assembled with a little extra love or different springs. There's no way anyone could ever be 100% certain either way. I'll certainly concede that you most likely know more about what Sig is doing at their facility than I and you sharing this knowledge is appreciated.

I really wish you could send a few rounds downrange from my P220 though. I feel it delivers on the Legion hype and is what I'd consider classic Sig quality.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I edited my post a couple of times as to not make it sound accusatory or down right combative.

I want the Legion to be what yours is. The DA/SA SIG is my favorite. I shoot other guns, shoot them well, but the 226 is effortless.

But. At the same time, I want to call things as they are. And I never want to come across as or be a brand apologist.

www.opspectraining.com

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
I edited my post a couple of times as to not make it sound accusatory or down right combative.

I want the Legion to be what yours is. The DA/SA SIG is my favorite. I shoot other guns, shoot them well, but the 226 is effortless.

But. At the same time, I want to call things as they are. And I never want to come across as or be a brand apologist.

No worries my friend. Smile I feel the EXACT same way.
Everything aside I believe the Sig DA/SA pistols to be one of the best pistol designs around and am glad to own a few.

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I was gonna stay out of this but I guess it's only fair that I chime in too. My Legion 226 SAO, out of the box, has a great trigger. It's what I expected after shooting another guy's Legion at our gun range. I've only got 500 rounds through it but it has been flawless and accurate. A joy to shoot. I'd buy it again and recommend it to friends.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post