SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is a 226 legion 9mm worth
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a 226 legion 9mm worth Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
The extra money over the enhanced elite model?

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sit down and calculate how much it would take to upgrade the EE to the Legion equivalent. You'll see if it's worth it or not. That is, if you want all the Legion features.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
The obvious ones are sights which i like, slide controls not so much, besides finish, grips and I think a different trigger is there something else im missing?

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
The obvious ones are sights which i like, slide controls not so much, besides finish, grips and I think a different trigger is there something else im missing?

trigger guard , higher undercut

Posts: 258 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hk91308:
quote:

Half beavertail, heavy met guide rod, front strap checkering, tuned SRT trigger, and extra mag.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The frame is worth it. The Legion finish is weak. I will have to CCR my Legion someday.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I think the Legion is worth the extra money.

It would cost a bundle to have all those mods done on a standard P226.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it comes down to the frame. Alloy frames would be both cost-prohibitive and ill-advised to modify. So, if the Legion's high grip, checkered front strap, and particular beavertail appealed to me it would be worth it.

The rest, sights, trigger, controls can be easily swapped/upgraded.

Me, I'd probably be very patient and pick up a used Legion at a good price, then use the savings to modify whatever I didn't like about it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
For me it comes down to the frame. Alloy frames would be both cost-prohibitive and ill-advised to modify. So, if the Legion's high grip, checkered front strap, and particular beavertail appealed to me it would be worth it.

Me, I'd probably be very patient and pick up a used Legion at a good price, then use the savings to modify whatever I didn't like about it.

The Enhanced Elite also has high grip, beavertail, and front strap checkering. It also has SRT.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
The frame is worth it. The Legion finish is weak. I will have to CCR my Legion someday.

That is what put me off on the Legion, paying a premium for a gun with a sub-standard finish.
But it does fit so nice in hand and the trigger and action out of the box is very nice.
I bought it knowing it would have to be refinished and I'm OK with that as I got a good deal on it.
It is a pretty awesome gun though.
I do like the gray and CCR's Garrison Gray looks like a good candidate.

Maybe the new ones with Cerakote are better. The Cerakote on my M11-A1 is not impressing me at all and will be going to CCR to get it off and redone. House black frame and Dusk for the 228 slide.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

The Enhanced Elite also has high grip, beavertail, and front strap checkering. It also has SRT.

[IMG][/IMG]

I prefer the reduced beaver tail. High grips? Are you saying it has the same undercutting as legions?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I think so..I have a 226 sao and would love to get a DA/SA. My finish seems fine. wasn't that one batch that wasn't applied or cured right?

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you saying it has the same undercutting as legions?

The Enhanced Elite does NOT have the trigger guard undercut that the Legion has.

It’s commonly referred to as the “X5 Cut”.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snake207,

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
My 226 Legion is an SAO. The trigger is phenomenal. I love it and it was well worth the price in my opinion. I wish my 229 and 220 Legions were SAO's!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came into some cash and set out to buy the 220 Legion. After some thought, I went with the P220 ASE. More bang for the buck. If I do go Legion, it will be SAO.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all of the deals going on if you keep your eyes open, I would go with a used legion. But If you are buying brand new I would go with an Enhanced Elite or a SAO.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The finish on my Legion is diamond hard and looks like new after almost three years of chootin'.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
can somebody explain to me what they mean by the undercut on the trigger guard? I just went to the Sig sight and can't really see a difference...
unless y'all mean the slight finger groove just under the trigger guard on the grip.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by hk91308:
quote:

Half beavertail, heavy met guide rod, front strap checkering, tuned SRT trigger, and extra mag.

I’m not sure how the idea that the Legion comes with a “tuned” trigger, but it is patently false.

I comes with standard trigger parts. You have a half and half chance that you wil get a usable trigger, or a 19 pound DA that’s gritty. Those are the same odds you have with any P Series pistols.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post