SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Customer Service is worthless
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Customer Service is worthless Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The times I've had to use their customer service, it was good, but there was something not right about my last one. This was for the safety upgrade on my P320 circa late 2017 or early '18. They would ship it back to me at my home address, but I'm not at home during the day to receive and sign for packages. Here is where it got weird. They would not ship to my workplace (where I normally get packages), nor an authorized FedEx shipping/receiving center. So I had them ship it to my FFL, and paid the FFL a transfer fee plus background check to get my own gun back. (I didn't mind giving the FFL $25; the check is what raised my eyebrow.) I know of no law requiring this. Cajun Gun Works had no problem sending my gun to my workplace.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

MPX the Sliding Brace was fubared, wouldn't retract, the ball and button function was bad.

Huh. My MPX stock does the same thing. Good to know it's not just me.

I've only called CS like twice, and they were helpful, even dealing with esoteric questions like suppressor crush washers.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say my last issue with my 365 front sight and Sig CS went well. The front sight vial broke and had to have it replaced. I called Sig and they said it would be 3-4 weeks prior to getting it back once it was in. The rep. told me realistically it would be about a week and it was. This was early covid times/delays.

Prior to that I had a problem with a S&W pistol. I had to send it back twice as they never fixed the problem to begin with, the first time it went in. They also compensated me with some S&W swag which was nice but it would have been nicer to have my gun fixed initially. This was prior to all of the covid stuff.

With everything going on now, covid related or whatever, there are delays everywhere unfortunately. Don't get me started on the USPS delays. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dealt with Sig CS last year and everything was great. Failure to extract on my P320 started again, called back and not so good this time. I ordered new parts from MGW and replaced the extractor and assembly myself.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FINAL REPORT....well I took everyone’s great advice, cooled down,waited until today and called Sig customer service. First call, the rep basically after hearing of my P365 issue basically said everything is normal, live with my issue, and blew me off. I was upset, but thought about it and decided to call again. Second rep listened, asked questions already knew my email address and asked for pictures. Within an hour he responded with a more than satisfactory solution. I guess, there are different levels of customer service...some listen, want to help, others, basically are not much good. If you feel you need help from Sig, call again and again until you get someone to listen.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Brian87, what was the issue with your pistol and which model is it?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gouges on the back of P365 magazines, poorly finished.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian87:
FINAL REPORT....well I took everyone’s great advice, cooled down,waited until today and called Sig customer service. First call, the rep basically after hearing of my P365 issue basically said everything is normal, live with my issue, and blew me off. I was upset, but thought about it and decided to call again. Second rep listened, asked questions already knew my email address and asked for pictures. Within an hour he responded with a more than satisfactory solution. I guess, there are different levels of customer service...some listen, want to help, others, basically are not much good. If you feel you need help from Sig, call again and again until you get someone to listen.

While the issue was eventually resolve to your satisfaction. I would still call it POOR Customer Service. One shouldn't need to call multiple times/days in order for someone to help them on a new product they purchased.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
I've never had an issue with Sig customer service.
Each time I've called or emailed, someone has always helped.

I purchased a Romeo1 1x30mm from Glock Store and the MTAC wasn't working (wouldn't turn on or off) and they sent me a brand new one within 10 days.

I've been building my own P320s and they've sent me multiple hard to find pieces (takedown safety lever, safety lever, takedown springs, sear assembly pieces, etc). But then again, I've made pretty good contact with a few of their reps and constantly keep contact and chat with them over little stuff to hopefully give them a breath of fresh air Cool

Overall, I've had good experience with their customer service.

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I needed service on a new firearm it was taken care of in record time.

I purchased a used P224 9MM that would not eject. I called Sig CS told them the situation and they said "send it in and we'll take care of it, you just pay the shipping". Cost me $50 and the pistol runs like a champ to this day. No problems with Sig CS from me.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan wesson and Sig are the only two firearm companies I have never had a CS issue with. While DW is probably the best ive ever interacted with, Sig is only a couple steps behind. Try CS with Kimber or S&W....good grief what a debacle.

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I think you've got to give some grace to any company that is in an industry where there is a giant supply chain surge. No company is equiped to handle unprecedented sales volume like we've seen in the firearms and ammo industries. I own a small business that has had a similar surge and I have a a lot more empathy for any business deluged by a massive surge in sales volume. Everyone says it a good problem to have, which it is short term financially, but inevitably you run into customer dissatisfaction do to time delays and also employee burn out.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, I had a 938 where a chunk of the anodizing flakes off behind the mag release button, gun was only 6 months old and sig told me that it was my problem. I sold it rather than pay somebody to refinish it.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I emailed customer service and got an email about 5 days later. I responded to his email and the rep called me last night. He said they are swamped and working late daily to try and get to everyone.

I'm having work done on a 220 and he took my info and card and is sending me a shipping label. 24 hours later I haven't received the label but not sweating it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
out of curiosity whats wrong with it?

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post