SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Customer Service is worthless
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Customer Service is worthless Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a very favorable experience with Sig CS recently. 3 weeks ago I called and explained that the front sight on my P365 (purchased in November 2019) was dim - and had always been so. The rep asked no further questions but sent me a shipping label immediately and I sent the slide to them. I received it back 7 days later with a new, bright, front sight installed at no charge. I couldn't ask for any better service.

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
my experience with Sig customer service has been outstanding. But it has been about 18 months since I last had contact with them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
I contacted Sig's CS several months ago about a broken base plate on a NEW, never fired 8 round mag for a Nightmare. The CS rep contacted me and wanted me to send him the mag. So I politely declined and installed a CMC base that I had in the parts box. Years ago I sent a pistol to Sig for a rebuld etc. and would NEVER do it again. I doubt that SIG would ever get business from me. I'll keep my money local or do it myself.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Yes, SIG Customer Service IS worthless...

Many years ago, back when SIG was SIG and Ron Cohen was busy finding creative new ways to cheapen Kimber 1911 pistols with shitty MIM components.

I wanted some spare grip screws for my P226. I called SIG customer service and attempted to place my order. The lady from SIG told me that it would take about 3 months to get my grip screws. I told her that was absolutely idiotic that it should take 3 friggen months to get a set of grip screws. She told me they needed to be shipped from Germany.

I asked to speak with the manager. She told me I was lucky and that he was in his office. I told her NO, HE is lucky because he gets to speak with a loyal customer.

He got on the line and said he would try to expedite my order, but they needed to be shipped from Germany. I told him there was this thing called Bench Stock, and that he should look into it. Told him I'd let my friend in the Oklahoma Highway Patrol know about how difficult it is to get even basic parts for SIG pistols and that maybe they'd consider moving to Glocks instead of P220s. I got my grip screws later that week.

So yeah, even though many people blame Ron Cohen, SIG's customer service really does suck and it predates all the shitty things Cohen has done to destroy the SIG reputation for quality firearms.

I doubt Cohen actually has any particular interest in screwing up their customer service, as it was already pretty shitty to begin with. He probably thought SIG's customer service was sufficiently shitty for his taste. Besides, he was probably too busy hiding from INTERPOL because the German Government had an arrest warrant out on him for diverting German SIG/Sauer pistols to Columbia and violating Germany's export laws. Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yeah and Sigs used to be made of metal and came in a variety of colors too... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Bought a 238 a few years ago for the wife. One of the night sights in the rear was dead. Called Sig, they said I can send the slide in at my cost and they would replace the sight in 4-6 weeks or they could send me a sight and I could pay someone to install it.

Said I would never buy a new Sig and I haven’t since then. Haven’t bought a used one either for that matter.

With other options out there, I will spend my money elsewhere.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three Sig Customer Service interactions. All positive.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...My experiences w/ SIG CS have been very good over the years including this year.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've had both good and bad over the years. Btw, why do they call it good, when it's supposed to be a normal experience? And, when it's a bad experience, all kinds of excuses are given.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I still have bad feelings from the interactions I had regarding the SIG GSR piece of shit that I used to have.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My experience with SIG customer service has been very satisfactory. But anything can happen when dealing with humans, especially now with the crud and those humans working from home and have another few dozen people waiting for someone to take their call, too.

I'd suggest calling SIG again and explain that the previous representative dropped the ball for whatever reason.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Ive had mostly good and one bad experience with them. The only negative experience was somehow they shipped my 320 back to an old address they still had on file, despite all the paperwork having my correct address. Happily, I knew the guy living at my old place and it wasn’t an issue. Other than that, they’ve treated me great when it came to needing things like screws or springs and such.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that recently used SIG CS. They were prompt on responses and fixed the issue (they probably shouldn’t have) without question. It was a broken Romeo 1 and they sent back a brand new one. Three weeks door to door.

I have never used SIG CS as I fix all my own stuff when it breaks. But, I know more than a few people that have. And in recent memory the experiences have been positive.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a while for me with SIG customer service. For issues with my own guns, two positives, one meh, one WTF. Something a little shade better than 50/50, I suppose. The few times that I've just had various questions, I've had good luck getting persons who knew their stuff.

At the shop we've also had to contact them a handful of times for customer guns; they've seemed to be responsive, and got the problems taken care of...eventually. They have been sometimes slow about getting a RMA to us, but Ruger--who's supposed to have 'great' customer service--is far worse, at least seen from the eyes of a dealer. Conversely our customers when contacting Ruger themselves have said glowing things about them. Oh well...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It must be a madhouse up there. I have had exactly the opposite experience with SIG customer service from what the OP is reporting. I have always found them to be courteous and helpful. I guess I am just lucky.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
in the good old days, dealing with Victoria at CS was always a positive experience...dealing with others since has been a mostly negative experience...

good luck with your CS interactions

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe many of their customer service reps are working from home and that could be a contributing factor. We have always had great luck when dealing with both customer and dealer support. We have some contacts at the factory.... if you can't get your issue resolved reach out to us and we'll see if we can help you out.

Also, I've have had the opportunity to personally interact with Ron Cohen probably no less than a dozen times. From every experience, my opinion is that he is an excellent leader that truly cares about his company, his employees and his customers. Sig is a big company and with everything happening with COVID, I can see that there are challenges for companies like Sig in the logistics and infrastructure to have employees working remotely. I have interacted with a handful of various CEO's of different firearm companies over the years. Pretty much all of them seemed to be indifferent to our existence. Ron definitely cares about our company and it was obvious from the first encounter and every one since.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I had a SIG 556 that had a defect based upon a CNC programming error. From what I was reading, it was hit or miss with SIG CS when you contacted them as the entire rifle had to be replaced. As I wasn’t willing to jump through the CS crapshoot, I sent a letter directly to Ron Cohen with pictures and telling him I wanted it replaced and I wasn’t willing to dicker with CS. It worked. I got a new SIG 556 Classic which I thought was a step up as the defective one had the stupid flip up backup sights.

On the other hand, when SIG’s custom shop screwed up my W. German P228, SIG CS blamed me and the age of the pistol. I finally gave up and had a SIG armorer and moderator on SIGforum fix it for me. For those wondering, I had their action enhancement package. When it came back, it had a DA pull of nearly 20 lbs. After SIG worked on it a second time, I got repeated light primer strikes.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wow, youse guys must get the bad CS Agents,

P250, became unusable, stuck it in the safe and someone here reminded me I should call Sig since it's warrantied. Three year old gun, called CS, had a shipping label in my email in minutes. UPS picked it up next day, a week later gun is returned repaired, test fired and working.

MPX the Sliding Brace was fubared, wouldn't retract, the ball and button function was bad.

Called Sig, got a rep, listened, two days later shipping notice of the new MPX brace, a few more days, it's in my hands, said to toss the old one.

I'm sure that the OP is having issue, just stating that not everything with CS is a short step to a shit show...

Call back, ask for supervisor, stay on phone waiting on email, good luck.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I can't say that their customer service is awful all the way around as I have had some good experiences, but I am still waiting for my coin and pistol case from the P938 Legion that I bought in August of 2019.

Even given the year we've had I find that a ridiculously long time to wait.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post