SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Customer Service is worthless
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Customer Service is worthless Login/Join 
posted
I have a issue with my new Sig pistol.,so I went to their website, contacted customer service, filled out a Detailed form and sent it in, week goes by, crickets, no response. So, I call them, wait on the phone finally get a customer service rep. She listens,very pleasant and says she will email me a note and I should reply with pictures and they will handle. So for four days I am still waiting for her email to send her pictures. I don’t know if it’s COVID or what, but their customer service has certainly gone to hell. Here I thought Sig was customer focused, can’t prove it by my interaction with them.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Remember that there’s a buying frenzy going on right now and it’s likely they’re quite busy. A little patience goes a long way.

“Worthless” is a strong word.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, of course, I checked my junk folder. Patience, no response when they said they would send me a email to reply to...no response to my form request sent earlier...it’s simply poor service....if they can’t reply to either request, to me, they are worthless...

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My most recent interaction was a bust also. The guide rod on my P938 Legion came apart and the rod portion was lost. SIG CS said they would send me a replacement guide rod but that never happened. Fortunately I was able to purchase a one-piece stainless steel aftermarket part that is better.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
A company is no better than their Customer Service. That being said, SiG is drowning trying to get all the pistols ordered and back-ordered out the door. I would call again, sometimes it is "Just that Person" that lets the Company down.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So their Customer Service has gone to hell over one series of interactions?

I would recommend calling them back on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning and staying on then phone until you get the issue resolved or receive an RMA to send your pistol in for examination/repair. (I would not call on Monday - volumes seem to be really high when I have tried after a weekend).

Good luck

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am usually pretty critical of customer service and frankly of SIG in general since Cohen.

That said the world is still kind of a shit show and everybody’s job has been made artificially harder so I think we owe most companies a little slack these days.

Yeah, I can’t believe that came out of my jaded, people hating, pessimistic, curmudgeonly mouth either but here we are. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably a Ron Cohen edict...

Sorry to hear that. No one deserves to go through issues when you are trying to get your pistol fixed.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Take some deep breaths, call Tuesday like Granite guy suggested. Calmly explain your frustration. I have been lucky to develop a great relationship with one of their superstars. I understand your point... given the amount of money we spend on their products they should treat us like kings... or at least follow up on a commitment. But, like cslinger pointed out, the world is totally f***ed right now and everybody is on edge.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all for good customer service and being able to express my frustration with the lack of, but telling someone who hasn't heard back after being told he would to cut them slack - or he makes a simple statement of disappointment - to take some deep breaths......seems the overreaction isn't on OP?

In the service industry I've worked in for decades, regardless of how busy I am, when I commit to following-up with a customer & I don't I fully expect them to go over my head if they aren't taken care of. Having said that its not like kvetching on an internet forum is terrible. Roll Eyes

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
I'm all for good customer service and being able to express my frustration with the lack of, but telling someone who hasn't heard back after being told he would to cut them slack - or he makes a simple statement of disappointment - to take some deep breaths......seems the overreaction isn't on OP?

What other option is there? Sell all his SIGs because of this frustrating experience? Just saying... being the bigger person while communicating calmly goes a long way.

And it wasn’t a simple statement of frustration... he said “Sig Customer Service is worthless”. Can’t speak for anyone but myself that my words were to simply encourage Brian87 to accept yes, he was done wrong, it happens. Time now to consider what the ultimate goal is and proceed in the best path forward.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
She listens,very pleasant and says she will email me a note and I should reply with pictures and they will handle. So for four days I am still waiting for her email to send her pictures.
When a CSR tells me they will be sending an email, any CSR for any company, I tell them I'm at my computer waiting on said email and will not be hanging up until that email comes in... It's my passive aggressive way of holding someones feet to the proverbial fire. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:

What other option is there? Sell all his SIGs because of this frustrating experience? Just saying... being the bigger person while communicating calmly goes a long way.

I think you nailed it bro. OP should take some deep breaths.....and then sell all his SIGs because he had a poor CS experience. He should remember to communicate calmly with his buyers when liquidating his SIG battery. Eek

The hyperbole index is increasing.

<><

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brian87, It will be all right man. Slow response time is the new norm with most not all but most companies right now. It will all work out in the end. Make a margarita and enjoy the day. Let us know next week what is going on. Sig will make it right.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am usually pretty critical of customer service and frankly of SIG in general since Cohen.

Because the company has been failing since he came on board.....

Under his leadership the 320 and 365 was developed and is hugely successful. He took the company from a line of a handful of handguns and now controls handguns, rifles, a line of military that few see, suppressor, optics and ammo.

When he came on board Exeter had a few hundred employees and the Academy was in one room in their one building. Today it's expanding on 125 acres and almost 2000 employees.

Is it not obvious that many companies are screeched thin with personnel these days. Each of the limited number of people in CS get several hundred emails daily.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

In the service industry I've worked in for decades, regardless of how busy I am, when I commit to following-up with a customer & I don't I fully expect them to go over my head if they aren't taken care of. Having said that its not like kvetching on an internet forum is terrible. Roll Eyes

Absolutely agree! My guess is OP needed to vent and did just that.

Dave

posted Hide Post
Its possible that since OP used the term "worthless" in the thread title and his message that its giving some of us the vapors.

I don't view a term like 'worthless' as threatening even if its used toward a company or product that I like. Its normally just someone's opinion and that can be resolved easily with a little bit of properly applied customer service. If its someone who won't be satisfied no matter what and they just want to raise a fuss, different story but I don't see that here.

For my part, the guns that I use & carry, I have a duplicate of in case of a failure that takes one out of service for a time.

<><

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

Because the company has been failing since he came on board.....

Under his leadership the 320 and 365 was developed and is hugely successful. He took the company from a line of a handful of handguns and now controls handguns, rifles, a line of military that few see, suppressor, optics and ammo.

When he came on board Exeter had a few hundred employees and the Academy was in one room in their one building. Today it's expanding on 125 acres and almost 2000 employees.

Is it not obvious that many companies are screeched thin with personnel these days. Each of the limited number of people in CS get several hundred emails daily.

I didn’t say SIG SUCKS!!! I said I am critical. Although SIG has been doing a good job in innovation they have been doing so at the cost of making your customer your beta tester. I realize making the company profitable is a good thing but between all the here is a product now it’s gone and or here is a product.....give it go let us know what fails and we will continue to bake it till done attitude, I do miss the days of here is a product...take it to war period.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:
Probably a Ron Cohen edict...

Sorry to hear that. No one deserves to go through issues when you are trying to get your pistol fixed.

Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has horrendous customer service. Invariably, every order I've submitted to them has been filled incorrectly, whether it's firearms that went to them for work, or parts I ordered. Two orders in their entirety were cancelled, and they weren't small. Sig's excuse when I called? "We didn't think it was real." They took information, gave a confirmation number, and then cancelled without notice.

When I've sent firearms back, several phone calls, letter attached, and we've discussed exactly what will be done, it comes back with the wrong work, or the work not done.

One pistol was submitted for the P320 "upgrade," and I was told that they wouldn't do it, because the FCU showed having been produced as an RX pistol, and mine wasn't. No shit? I bought a pistol, put together the FCU with the upper I wanted, put it in the Sig factory grip module, and when it went to them, it was a subcompact. They said they didn't want to work on it, because it wasn't the original assembly... a modular pistol that they sold on the basis of being modular. Go figure.

I've been given bad information, only to be told by the next customer service rep that the previous one didn't know what he or she was talking about.

Wrong sights installed. Parts removed and not returned. Lost pistol. No, not hyperbole. Just shit customer service, and very consistent, at that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post