SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who here has the new P320 X-Compact?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here has the new P320 X-Compact? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just got mine Wednesday and shot it today. Dead on accuracy. Really shocked me, I’ve only fired 2 or 3 handguns that out of the box and having never been fired by me before were just spot on the “X”. It’s a keeper.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
Mine has 300 rounds down range and the average of 5 trigger pulls on my Lyman Digital Scale is 4 pounds 6 ounces. The trigger on my X-Compact is one of the best out of the box trigger I have ever experienced on any handgun that I have ever owned. This is definitely a keeper!

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a good one.

PJ Holsters has a great minimalist iwb for it.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 600 rounds through mine now and really impressed. Seems to just jump on target.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I want to be able to put a light on my EDC. I really like the Surefire XC-1 in that role but the shortened dust cover on the X Compact will not accommodate it. I’ll wait and see if Sig will release an X Compact frame with a standard compact dust cover. Until then, I have a P320 Compact if I want 15 rounds.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1737 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they make different sizes of the new x series
Compact grip frame? I handled an x-compact at the gun shop yesterday and it felt pretty good in the hand and I liked it’s thinner frame thickness compared to the x-carry frame. I believe the compact frame was marked with an *M* on the
Lower rear of the grip. I think if they make one, a large x-compact grip-frame would be closer to ideal for me. So does Sig have a Large grip x-compact frame out yet, or will there be one coming out in the future?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There will be a X Compact small and large at some
Point.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Cheapest I find for this gun is $680 delivered. Tag on $20 for my FFL, and that's $700. For a plastic gun, that's steep.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you already have a P320 and don't care about putting an electronic dot on top, then it's fifty bucks to get a new grip frame, and you're there. It may not have the straight trigger, but that can always be added later, definitely not seven hundred bucks. Assuming you already have a P320.

I've been shooting a couple of my P320's with the x-carry grip frame, which I like, and the x-compact frame will be here tuesday; we'll see how it goes.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cheapest I find for this gun is $680 delivered. Tag on $20 for my FFL, and that's $700. For a plastic gun, that's steep.

I agree so I'm building one. I have a nice fullsize P320 that I'm trading the slide/barrel/recoil assembly to someone who has a nice Subcompact slide/barrel/recoil assembly.

I then ordered a X-Compact grip, use the fullsize FCU (which already has a Sig straight trigger in it), with the slide I'm getting and I have a cheap X-Compact. I have no use for the red dot cutout so I'm ok with a standard subcompact slide.

My Breakdown

$300 is what I paid for the fullsize gun (bought is used)
$20 to ship the slide/barrel/RSA to the other guy
$55 for the X-Compact Grip Module
$25 for the straight trigger (bought it used)

$400 total investment

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
$300 is what I paid for the fullsize gun (bought is used)
$20 to ship the slide/barrel/RSA to the other guy
$55 for the X-Compact Grip Module
$25 for the straight trigger (bought it used)

$400 total investment

This is sort of the path I'm going to try to take. I scored a standard 320 compact on Broker last week for $306. The X module and straight trigger are in my near future. I'm going to shoot it first and see if I even need to.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The local range finally had the X-Compact in, and I got to fondle it a bit.

My unfired impressions:

PROS:
- Wow, the balanced and pointability is just about perfect.
- Grip texture is much better than the original Xgun texture. Not as aggressive as the RTF2 or the M&P 2.0, but not as slippery as the G43x. Juts right.
- Front sight on this gun is so easily picked up dead center.

CONS:
- Trigger could use some improvement. After the initial take-up, there is another weird short resistant travel that is gritty, then a clean break at probably 5 lbs is my guestimate.
- Of course, the price. $680 online, $750 local.

The guy tried to put the 4473 in front of me. But, I resisted. Not priority at this time. But, I picked a NIB Colt SBR upper for my lonely registered lower. So, the range was happy. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well, I received my subcompact slide today and put my faux P320 X-Compact together and here she is. I'm very impressed with the grip. More comfortable than the standard X-Carry grip.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The local range finally had the X-Compact in, and I got to fondle it a bit.

My unfired impressions:

PROS:
- Wow, the balanced and pointability is just about perfect.
- Grip texture is much better than the original Xgun texture. Not as aggressive as the RTF2 or the M&P 2.0, but not as slippery as the G43x. Juts right.
- Front sight on this gun is so easily picked up dead center.

CONS:
- Trigger could use some improvement. After the initial take-up, there is another weird short resistant travel that is gritty, then a clean break at probably 5 lbs is my guestimate.
- Of course, the price. $680 online, $750 local.

The guy tried to put the 4473 in front of me. But, I resisted. Not priority at this time. But, I picked a NIB Colt SBR upper for my lonely registered lower. So, the range was happy. Big Grin

I've got 500 rounds through my P320 X-Compact and my trigger is very crisp at 4 pounds 6 ounces. Short take up and then a very clean break. No additional weird short resistant travel with grittiness. Just a short take up, hits the wall and clean break. Could not be happier with the X-Compact trigger. As far as cost is concerned, I paid $629.95 for mine and was happy to do so. Its Sig and not a Glock so expect to pay more especially for the X series models.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cremaley:
As far as cost is concerned, I paid $629.95 for mine and was happy to do so. Its Sig and not a Glock so expect to pay more especially for the X series models.

$630 is not the same as $700. I would be happy, too, if I can find someone selling it for that ($630).

Q

posted Hide Post
Just a guess, but by fall they will be 575. And I plan to try the grip on a P250.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I came to update this thread with my own experience.

I paid too much for one locally on Saturday as a birthday present to myself and immediately took it to the range. I didn’t have much time to shoot, but the first 35 rounds tore a hole out of the center of the target at 7 yards.

Grip is great, trigger is crisp, and felt recoil is mild like the M17. It’s impressive.

I sold my 9mm p320c the next day as the X Compact is a much better shooting pistol. Now it’s a question of who is making a reliable light for a subcompact that won’t add a lot of bulk to the profile. I was a big fan of the XC-1 on my compact, but it won’t fit the subcompact length rail.

Edited to add and then remove picture of target that was HUUUUUUGE.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1737 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
My P320 X Compact is off to Omaha Outdoors for a bi-tone burnt bronze cerakote finish that will look like this.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

posted Hide Post
Does any Surefire or Streamlight lights fit the X-Compact? Without the ability to mount a light, the pistol would be a no go for me.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Does any Surefire or Streamlight lights fit the X-Compact? Without the ability to mount a light, the pistol would be a no go for me.

The TLR-3 fits it. But it's not Streamlight's best work. Flimsier and not as bright as their other offerings, bulkier than many of the other compact weaponlights, and few compatible holsters.

The TLR-1 and TLR-7 don't fit. Neither do Surefire's X300 or XC1.

I really, really wish they had made it with a Compact/Carry length slide and rail. One more notch and it could accept all the best weaponlights.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post