SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who here has the new P320 X-Compact?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here has the new P320 X-Compact? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Not the the X-Carry or the Carry Pro, but the new X-Compact. I am so tempted. Yeah, I know, I've swore before not to go into plastic SIGs... just like I swore no interest in the P210 for longest time. Roll Eyes

Until Shield Arms comes out with the flush fit 15-rounder for the G43x, it seems like this is a perfect cc pistol I want, a 15-rd capacity gun with a barrel that is about 3.5 inches. I know S&W has the M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6 with 15-round capacity, but for some reason, it doesn't sing for me.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I made my own with an Xcompact frame I had made last year with a subcompact slide. Great carry size. It’s almost identical in size to my Px4 Storm Compact Carry that is my current EDC.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the new X-Compact and an X-Carry (actually two, but we won't get into that......). I find both to be excellent shooting pistols. The grip frame is noticeably smaller on the X-Compact.

Is there any specific question(s) I can try to answer for you?

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Had one for a brief time. Very nice pistol, I liked it quite a bit.

It is bigger than the 43X especially in the width department.

The new grip profile is much nicer than the current X grip for the X carry.

Very accurate and was completely reliable.

I didn't really offer me anything over my X Carry or G45. It's bigger than my G43, so the X Compact didn't really fill a role for me, and I sent it to a new home.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've shot the full size P320 X-Five a while back and was less than impressed. Trigger was mushy. Grip was not very "grippy".
So, how is the trigger on the new X-Compact? And, any improvement in the grip's texture?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:

How so? I didn't get a chance to shoot the x-compact, but I have P320's with the x-grip, and it felt the same, albeit a bit shorter.

How is is nicer or different, other than being shorter?

I'm hoping that the xgrip is released in the compact length, to stick on a P320 Compact.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

How so? I didn't get a chance to shoot the x-compact, but I have P320's with the x-grip, and it felt the same, albeit a bit shorter.

How is is nicer or different, other than being shorter?

I'm hoping that the xgrip is released in the compact length, to stick on a P320 Compact.

The regular X carry and full size grips have an area in the web of the hand, beavertail area that is extremely wide. After awhile this area gets my thumb knuckle irritated.

The new X compact is thinned out in this area, just like the standard 320 grip. I find this design works much better with my grip.

I use a high thumbs forward, and the regular x carry I really have to wrench my thumb around the raised are to get to the frame. The X compact allows my thumb to ride along the frame without obstructions.

From what I have been told, Sig is revising the X carry and full size frames incorporating the geometry changes from the X compact.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've shot the full size P320 X-Five a while back and was less than impressed. Trigger was mushy. Grip was not very "grippy".
So, how is the trigger on the new X-Compact? And, any improvement in the grip's texture?

I was able to pick my X compact out of a group of four. All four had excellent triggers, no mush and clean breaks. The frame texturing is nice where it is, but the frame is still slick everywhere else, just like the x carry and x full size frames.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

posted Hide Post
Just got one in to sell and handled it some. Really nice feel. Like the X Ray sights over the normal Siglites. Frame just feels "right" to me. Trigger is similar to, but maybe not quite as good as, a GGI PELT. Haven't fired it (and won't) since it's an inventory item.

Check my classifieds ad if you're looking for one...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

From what I have been told, Sig is revising the X carry and full size frames incorporating the geometry changes from the X compact.

TXPO

Interesting. The present x-carry frame feels more like a P226 in plastic. I didn't really notice any difference with the x-compact, but I wasn't holding both side by side.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are no complaints from me on either of the two I own. My preference goes to the X-Carry because for me it just shoots better.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased the P320 X-Compact and absolutely love it. Fired 500 rounds so far without a single hiccup. Ergonomics are outstanding and accuracy is fantastic. Sig knocked it out of the park with this handgun.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like it in a vacuum, but when you hold it next to a 2.0 3.6", it feels huge. I agree, this gun seems sexier than the 3.6" but it's just not worth it imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I picked one up a couple weeks ago. I only had time to run 100 rounds through it but it functioned perfectly.
I think it could be grippier, it’s not as grippy as my 2022, and no where near the grip of a 2.0 or the newest generation glocks.
All in all though I really like the trigger and it fits my hand well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tomgun,

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my P320 X-Compact in early April and absolutely love it. So far, no problems having fired 200 rounds. A perfect fit for this hand and the accuracy is spot on.

Posts: 20 | Registered: April 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up last week, ran 400 rounds through it. Really like it. Points naturally, might give my 365 a break for a few days....

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just held one today for the first time in a LGS. Grip was very nice, I liked it. Trigger sucked. Now for a disclaimer I have Grayguns triggers in all but one of mine. Still, the stock trigger was mushy and very, indistinct. I hated it. I also disliked the sights. It was a Xray front and maybe an Xray rear but the rear is contained within a blocky rear outer casing that is related to the optics plate cover. Either way, it really seemed liked the front sight was way too wide for the rear. I would buy the grip but I wouldn't have bought that gun.

As an aside, I pointed out to the employee that one of their M17's was jacked up. The front sight was only partially in the dovetail. You look at it from one side it looked right, the other side and the sight was out of the dovetail. Very strange and very poor QC.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one early April. Slightly smaller, to me, than a 19.
Grip is better, good sights. 320 triggers all feel spongy to me.
Very accurate gun with all weights, brands.
Zero issues with it.

Having trouble finding holsters, so if anyone can recommend someone who is cranking them out, let me know please.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I run stock triggers on all my carry guns, so my perception of what is a good trigger seems to be a lot different than those who are used to upgraded triggers.
The x compact trigger is good enough.
For me....

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I picked up mine at the Sig Pro Shop several weeks ago. It is my absolute favorite pistol, great grip, sweet crisp trigger and quite accurate. I think my 320 Compact will be spending more time in the safe, with the X-Compact being my EDC.
I like the flat trigger and the X-Ray sights.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post