SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who here has the new P320 X-Compact?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here has the new P320 X-Compact? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just got mine Wednesday and shot it today. Dead on accuracy. Really shocked me, I’ve only fired 2 or 3 handguns that out of the box and having never been fired by me before were just spot on the “X”. It’s a keeper.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 5410 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
Mine has 300 rounds down range and the average of 5 trigger pulls on my Lyman Digital Scale is 4 pounds 6 ounces. The trigger on my X-Compact is one of the best out of the box trigger I have ever experienced on any handgun that I have ever owned. This is definitely a keeper!

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Sig P365 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 120 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a good one.

PJ Holsters has a great minimalist iwb for it.

Posts: 1225 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 600 rounds through mine now and really impressed. Seems to just jump on target.

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I want to be able to put a light on my EDC. I really like the Surefire XC-1 in that role but the shortened dust cover on the X Compact will not accommodate it. I’ll wait and see if Sig will release an X Compact frame with a standard compact dust cover. Until then, I have a P320 Compact if I want 15 rounds.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1660 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they make different sizes of the new x series
Compact grip frame? I handled an x-compact at the gun shop yesterday and it felt pretty good in the hand and I liked it’s thinner frame thickness compared to the x-carry frame. I believe the compact frame was marked with an *M* on the
Lower rear of the grip. I think if they make one, a large x-compact grip-frame would be closer to ideal for me. So does Sig have a Large grip x-compact frame out yet, or will there be one coming out in the future?

Posts: 260 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There will be a X Compact small and large at some
Point.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

Posts: 32583 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Cheapest I find for this gun is $680 delivered. Tag on $20 for my FFL, and that's $700. For a plastic gun, that's steep.

Posts: 17480 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you already have a P320 and don't care about putting an electronic dot on top, then it's fifty bucks to get a new grip frame, and you're there. It may not have the straight trigger, but that can always be added later, definitely not seven hundred bucks. Assuming you already have a P320.

I've been shooting a couple of my P320's with the x-carry grip frame, which I like, and the x-compact frame will be here tuesday; we'll see how it goes.

Posts: 3200 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cheapest I find for this gun is $680 delivered. Tag on $20 for my FFL, and that's $700. For a plastic gun, that's steep.

I agree so I'm building one. I have a nice fullsize P320 that I'm trading the slide/barrel/recoil assembly to someone who has a nice Subcompact slide/barrel/recoil assembly.

I then ordered a X-Compact grip, use the fullsize FCU (which already has a Sig straight trigger in it), with the slide I'm getting and I have a cheap X-Compact. I have no use for the red dot cutout so I'm ok with a standard subcompact slide.

My Breakdown

$300 is what I paid for the fullsize gun (bought is used)
$20 to ship the slide/barrel/RSA to the other guy
$55 for the X-Compact Grip Module
$25 for the straight trigger (bought it used)

$400 total investment

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 3604 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
$300 is what I paid for the fullsize gun (bought is used)
$20 to ship the slide/barrel/RSA to the other guy
$55 for the X-Compact Grip Module
$25 for the straight trigger (bought it used)

$400 total investment

This is sort of the path I'm going to try to take. I scored a standard 320 compact on Broker last week for $306. The X module and straight trigger are in my near future. I'm going to shoot it first and see if I even need to.

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." George S. Patton

Posts: 10007 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The local range finally had the X-Compact in, and I got to fondle it a bit.

My unfired impressions:

PROS:
- Wow, the balanced and pointability is just about perfect.
- Grip texture is much better than the original Xgun texture. Not as aggressive as the RTF2 or the M&P 2.0, but not as slippery as the G43x. Juts right.
- Front sight on this gun is so easily picked up dead center.

CONS:
- Trigger could use some improvement. After the initial take-up, there is another weird short resistant travel that is gritty, then a clean break at probably 5 lbs is my guestimate.
- Of course, the price. $680 online, $750 local.

The guy tried to put the 4473 in front of me. But, I resisted. Not priority at this time. But, I picked a NIB Colt SBR upper for my lonely registered lower. So, the range was happy. Big Grin

Posts: 17480 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well, I received my subcompact slide today and put my faux P320 X-Compact together and here she is. I'm very impressed with the grip. More comfortable than the standard X-Carry grip.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 3604 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The local range finally had the X-Compact in, and I got to fondle it a bit.

My unfired impressions:

PROS:
- Wow, the balanced and pointability is just about perfect.
- Grip texture is much better than the original Xgun texture. Not as aggressive as the RTF2 or the M&P 2.0, but not as slippery as the G43x. Juts right.
- Front sight on this gun is so easily picked up dead center.

CONS:
- Trigger could use some improvement. After the initial take-up, there is another weird short resistant travel that is gritty, then a clean break at probably 5 lbs is my guestimate.
- Of course, the price. $680 online, $750 local.

The guy tried to put the 4473 in front of me. But, I resisted. Not priority at this time. But, I picked a NIB Colt SBR upper for my lonely registered lower. So, the range was happy. Big Grin

I've got 500 rounds through my P320 X-Compact and my trigger is very crisp at 4 pounds 6 ounces. Short take up and then a very clean break. No additional weird short resistant travel with grittiness. Just a short take up, hits the wall and clean break. Could not be happier with the X-Compact trigger. As far as cost is concerned, I paid $629.95 for mine and was happy to do so. Its Sig and not a Glock so expect to pay more especially for the X series models.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Sig P365 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 120 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cremaley:
As far as cost is concerned, I paid $629.95 for mine and was happy to do so. Its Sig and not a Glock so expect to pay more especially for the X series models.

$630 is not the same as $700. I would be happy, too, if I can find someone selling it for that ($630).

posted Hide Post
Just a guess, but by fall they will be 575. And I plan to try the grip on a P250.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 8237 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post