SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
quote:
Aside from the M&P 45C which was around forever and was/is a fantastic little gun. Which also - by coincidence - is almost identical in size to their new 9C.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That totally slipped my mind Roll Eyes
I loved everything abut the M&Ps. Except the trigger. I think it's time to revisit this platform. And I appreciate the safety option. As a 1911 guy, I like to keep things consistent.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to checking the MP 2.0 9c out as i am a fan of the full size 2.0

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was gonna buy a gen5 g19. Not anymore. I gets to buys me an American gun!!! Finally S&W did it.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
I was gonna buy a gen5 g19. Not anymore. I gets to buys me an American gun!!! Finally S&W did it.

or buy both

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting.

Might have to jump on a 9mm with safety. Can't wait to read the range reports and see what they say.

Likely priced lower than the G19?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My wallet hates you and this thread, Gundawg. Razz Big Grin

I wonder if FS slides will fit on the 2.0 Compact frame...Reverse-Commander or CCO, if you will.

Can't wait to check one out locally.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Looks interesting.

Might have to jump on a 9mm with safety. Can't wait to read the range reports and see what they say.

i picked up the FS 2.0 for 409.00 shipped, so I think these will range from 410-450.00

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
My wallet hates you and this thread, Gundawg. Razz Big Grin

I wonder if FS slides will fit on the 2.0 Compact frame...Reverse-Commander or CCO, if you will.

Can't wait to check one out locally.

you know me always happy to help

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:
Looks interesting.

i picked up the FS 2.0 for 409.00 shipped, so I think these will range from 410-450.00

well looks like Brownells has them as 529.00 pre-sale price, i will wait it out a while.

notice the length is 7.3 and weight is 23.68 if Brownells is right. both those numbers are about as close to Glock 19 as you can get, interested in seeing the height.

http://www.brownells.com/firea...&utm_campaign=Itwine

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks interesting.

well looks like Brownells has them as 529.00 pre-sale price, i will wait it out a while

Yeah, bet that Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore will have them for $409 free ship, soon, like they did with the full size 2.0.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks interesting.

well looks like Brownells has them as 529.00 pre-sale price, i will wait it out a while

Yeah, bet that Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore will have them for $409 free ship, soon, like they did with the full size 2.0.

yep love that place

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the huge sales of the Shield have canabalized sales of the 1st generation compact. So with the new gen compact they want to differentiate them a bit. For course, this will now like canabalize sales of the 4.25" full size. But it's likely to be more popular than that gun, so they'll live with that.

Really, they should rationalize the line in half inch barrel length increments like Glock has (3.5", 4", 4.5", 5", with the appropriate grip lengths and mag capacities.)

But this is the gun they should have been making since the line was introduced. I'm amazed they waited more than a decade.

quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
While I like the idea of a Glock 19 sized Smith and Wesson, I am a bit puzzled. It looks like they are making the compact bigger. The Current version is listed as a 3.5 inch with a 12 round magazine, the new version is a 4" with a 15 round magazine. I suspect it will be heavier and wider/longer in the grip to facilitate the 15 round magazine.

Will they release a smaller "compact" for a higher concealability version like the current Compact or will they dump the 3.5 inch barrel and simply point to the shield for concealability.

Maybe it's just me, I've always liked the 3913/6906 and pined for a double column P239.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'm guessing the huge sales of the Shield have canabalized sales of the 1st generation compact. So with the new gen compact they want to differentiate them a bit. For course, this will now like canabalize sales of the 4.25" full size. But it's likely to be more popular than that gun, so they'll live with that.

Really, they should rationalize the line in half inch barrel length increments like Glock has (3.5", 4", 4.5", 5", with the appropriate grip lengths and mag capacities.)

But this is the gun they should have been making since the line was introduced. I'm amazed they waited more than a decade.

quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
While I like the idea of a Glock 19 sized Smith and Wesson, I am a bit puzzled. It looks like they are making the compact bigger. The Current version is listed as a 3.5 inch with a 12 round magazine, the new version is a 4" with a 15 round magazine. I suspect it will be heavier and wider/longer in the grip to facilitate the 15 round magazine.

Will they release a smaller "compact" for a higher concealability version like the current Compact or will they dump the 3.5 inch barrel and simply point to the shield for concealability.

Maybe it's just me, I've always liked the 3913/6906 and pined for a double column P239.

has been a long time coming, i guess they are close to the barrel lengths you speak of, 3.5" (12), 4.0" (15) , 4.25" (17) and then the 5" (17)

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Wow. The S&W combo of M&P 2.0 Fullsize/Compact/Shield is really the first time anything could compete with my G17/G19/G43 combo.

Chris

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was an early adopter of the M&P fullsize. When their compact came out I was excited until I saw it. Too small. Then I started thinking the fullsize was too big. As many have mentioned it was like "S&W was that close" lol. My 19 was slightly smaller, my 17 was slightly larger.

I ended up trading my 9mm fullsize to a buddy who loved it and I haven't got another since. I like the looks of this one, the size seems perfect and I always loved the grip. Looking forward to some reports and pics when these hit the streets.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we expect a line of CORE M2.0 models ... including the compact (a la G19 MOS and Sig 320c RX?)

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
Do we expect a line of CORE M2.0 models ... including the compact (a la G19 MOS and Sig 320c RX?)

would be interesting, but thankfully there are some quality companies out there doing milling for a decent price.

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
This gun interests me. I am not a fan of the full sized or sub but a G19 sized M&P 2.0, I like the idea of that.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 is a sweet piece, you may have an issue on your hands deciding which size you want... but the platform is solid. Love mine, and I went through about 4 variations of the M&P "1.0"..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the CORE idea. I may have to shoot an email off. Alternatively I think I'd get one milled which may turn out to be the cheaper option.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anubismp,

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post