SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19 Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's about time...I guess. I rather like the profile size of my 9c 1.0 but some reason it remains rather 'chubby-feeling' for a carry option when compared to a Glock. Plus it has that awful trigger, though it's smoothed out some over time and plenty of live fire. From a classification standpoint my brain hasn't really accepted S&W's take on what they considered 'compact' to be, though in reality it's all subjective and determined by the product planners of the various gun companies anyways. But to me my G19 and G23 are what I consider "legit" compacts, just like a P228 and P229 are compacts relative to a P220 or P226. The M&P9c 1.0 just feels too small and out of sorts. Its "tweener" moniker is what seems to 'fit' best.

Rather doubtful that I'll buy one but it just seems 'right' for S&W to upsize its compact to better match the G19/23 sweet spot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just fyi for you .357 lovers. KKM confirmed that their .357 barrel for the gen one M&P with a 4.25" barrel will work with the 2.0 chambered in .40. He also said they will definitely be making a 4" for the "new compact". WooHoo!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
For some crazy reason, I shoot my 9c 1.0 better than any of my M&P full size pistols. All of them are Apexed. Go figure.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
For some crazy reason, I shoot my 9c 1.0 better than any of my M&P full size pistols. All of them are Apexed. Go figure.

I was that way also.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Since the compact is now a "standard" compact with a 4" barrel, I wonder if there's room in the market for a subcompact double stack? This would basically be a double stack Shield, with a 3.1 to 3.3 in barrel. Then again, going that small, it might be that most shooters are perfectly happy with a single stack.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
For some crazy reason, I shoot my 9c 1.0 better than any of my M&P full size pistols.

I was that way also.

Same.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, the OAL of the M&P compact is 7.25 " , the G19 is 7.28 ", the CZ IP-10C is 7.3", a .050" thousands differance fom the shortest to the longest, less than 1/16 of an inch.
the weight of the M&P compact is 24 oz ( not sure if that is with or without a mag), the G19 is 23.65 oz, the CZ P-10C is 26 oz , from the lightest to the heaviest is only 2.35 oz.
the OAH of the M&P compact is 5.0" H, the G19 OAH is 4.99"H, the CZ p-10C is 5.2"H, from the shortest to the tallest is only .210 " thousands of an inch. Not enough to make that much of a difference IMHO.
Without checking I believe the Sig 320c would also have pretty similar specs. I hope these new model 2.0 M&P's have better consistant accuracy from pistol to pistol than *some* of the 1.0 versions had.
The same goes for the trigger. Everyone has their preference in a pistols size, trigger characteristics, sights, ergos, grip texture, control layout, etc. , but IMHO, other than getting different sights, you really should not have to dump a lot of money into a pistol anymore to get it the way you want it. Among all the pistols mentioned above and you could also throw in the VP9, Walther PPQ. Beretta APX, FN, I really don't think one of them truly stands head and shoulders above the other anymore, except in your mind.The overall thickness of the M&P compact is 1.300" inches, the Glock G19 Gen 4 is 1.180"inches thick and the CZ P-10c is 1.245" thick on the grip and 1.260" across the ambi mag release. I own a Gen 4 G19 and just got a Gen5 G19. The barrel fit on the Gen 4 is better than on my Gen 5 and the Gen 4 is a little more accurate. The trigger is just a little mushy on the Gen 5, but I like it a little better than the Gen4 triggers sight disturbing break. The Gen 5 is also using some parts that do not interchange with the Gen 4, so that could be a downside for awhile. IMHO, the M&P and Glock have their work cut out for them to equal the trigger thats on most of the CZ P-10C pistols once they are broken in, without adding aftermarket parts. I would also give a *slight* edge to the CZ P-10C in its practical (handheld) accuracy compared to the currently produced Glocks, Gen 5 included. Accuracy on the M&P 2.0 9's we will have to wait awhile to see. here are the specs on the M&P Compact and a review of the 2.0 M&P pistol also.

https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.n...pec-sheets/11683.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6TPXrM_qg&t=478s

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
For some crazy reason, I shoot my 9c 1.0 better than any of my M&P full size pistols.

I was that way also.

Same.

Opposite for me. Dead-on with my 5" 9Pro, only so-so with my 9c. I also found that I could group significantly better with both the standard 4.25" M&P9 and M&P40 than my 9c, all saddled with unmolested triggers. For whatever reason, the bigger 1.0 frame works better for me than its compact sibling.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found one yet? The fact that this is the same size as a G19 has me interested. I can't shoot Glocks very accurately for some reason.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Has anyone found one yet? The fact that this is the same size as a G19 has me interested. I can't shoot Glocks very accurately for some reason.

They aren't available yet! Eek Orders are going on at various places, but the guns themselves have yet to hit the distributors shelves. They are due any day though.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Vid to be taken with a grain of salt.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6TPXrM_qg&t=478s

I don't know why it should be taken with a grain of salt. The man gave objective opinions and reminded viewers of that caveat several times. I share several of them and appreciate the things he pointed out. That little filler piece for the non-safety version looks really cheap.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd share some results from today's range session with Cobra21. This is 20rds at 7 yards from my full size, 9mm 2.0. I was happy..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dry-fly,

posted Hide Post
What were the main reasons the M&P pistol did not advance in the military or FBI trials ?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
When are these hitting the shelves. I WANT ONE!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

Today

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

Today

I can't wait for the videos to start popping up on YouTube. I "wore out the needle" on the Brownell's video.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2920025034

Some have shown up in the classifieds

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Any one watch the James Yeager video in which this was not as small as advertised? That it is just a little smaller than the full sized pistol?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Here is another video that shows they are the same height. Are you sure Yeager had the 2.0 Compact??

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Oops...apparently a 2 part video. It is sone Comorado Compliant model.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post