SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19 Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I will buy one!

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Brownells has a video on the M&P 2.0 Compact where he also shows it next to a Glock 19 at about 4:30 and looks identical in height. Cool

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but since I already own a G19 I don't feel a strong need for one of these. I am a fan of .40 S&W though, so maybe one of these instead of a G23. Nice to have options.

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Nice,they're going to be available next week.

I was hoping for an HK with a button mag release, but I'm going to pick one of these up and give it a try. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a 2.0 version of the original M&Pc. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that its in the works. Going to wait a bit and see if it happens.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I put in my pre-order for one today from Brownells. $499.00 & free shipping.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i'm surprised how much love this is getting. I can't stand the hinged trigger, but this looks pretty sweet for those MP lovers. My brother-in-law has his MP9 1.0 and loves it, and the owner of my gun shop has his MP9 he loves, too. I wonder if they'd go for this. I'm sure they'll sell quite a few!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
I'll admit that I am perhaps irrationally excited about this one. I've always been a fan of the M&P platform. My first was the original 9 compact, but have since owned every version in 9, 40, and 45. The full size 9 and the mid size 45 are my favorites, but like so many others, I always wished for a truly G19 sized version.

I have really slowed down on buying anything new this past year as not much as really caught my eye. I was hoping a VP9K instead of the SK... that was a let down.

I was considering picking up the new Gen5 G19 just because.

But this is the gun I've been wanting for the past 9 years. As soon as I saw the pre-order, I immediately jumped in. Prolly gonna put a couple up for sale after it comes in. Not because I need to cover the cost or anything, just because I think this is really going to be exactly what I've been looking for, for a long time.

Thanks to S&W for this one.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a gen 5 19 and put 350 thru it. I will not bother with details but let me say it was superior to every plastic gun u have owned in every way to the point i thought I was finally done. keep in mind I am by no means a glock or nothing guy. I will however definitely take a hard look at one of these.

I also have to comment on how this one little situation is reflective of this beautiful country in which we live. Not only does the 2nd Amendment guarantee us this right, but capitalism , free market competition is the direct benefit to the consumer citizen. I just watch and enjoy how each company has to introduce a new product to compete with the other's and how we get more and better choices.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'll be getting one...Awesome!!

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I pre-ordered one through Bronwnells. Sale price of $499.99.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I'll be buying one, but I'll definitely be picking up some 15 rounders for my M&P9c 1.0, once there are X-Grip or similar adapters available.

With the finger rest baseplate, the 12 rounders are that length anyway. Might as well have an extra 3 rounds.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm not sure if I'll be buying one, but I'll definitely be picking up some 15 rounders for my M&P9c 1.0, once there are X-Grip or similar adapters available.

With the finger rest baseplate, the 12 rounders are that length anyway. Might as well have an extra 3 rounds.

This! Mine is already apexed out

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey looks like Quantico Tactical already has some of these for sale on their site...

http://www.quanticotactical.co...20-%20M2.0%20Compact

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone got any info on that Surefire XC1-B? I've been looking at the XC1-A but would like to hear about the new one before I jump.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt mind having one in 357 sig.

Anyone know if the old M&P conversion barrels work in this?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I wouldnt mind having one in 357 sig.

Anyone know if the old M&P conversion barrels work in this?

I have a 357 sig MPc, but I think the barrels won't be compatible in length or fitment.

I also have a factory 40 sw barrel for the compact I have never fired.

I prefer the safety version, as you can always delete the safeties, but its much harder(very) to install safeties if you change your mind and want the safety.

Really like the new Gen 5 Glock. Really like the new 2.0 MPc. Can't afford both...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE a 2.0 in .357 Sig. I've been doing some research into it. KKM and Apex both confirm that their original M&P barrels are swappable with the 2.0 guns. The original came in a 4.25", .357 barrel for some time. KKM produces a much improved barrel (4.25", .357) that would then drop into the "full size" 2.0 which also has a 4.25" barrel-- I'm not referring to the 2.0 with the long slide as the "full" size. Clear as mud?? I'm going to call KKM and bounce this off them tomorrow. S&W would most certainly say it could not be done. The original held up to the pressures of .357, so logic seems to say the 2.0 in .40 with its much heavier duty chassis should be able to as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never been a big M&P fan, but if these turn up for $409 I will snap one up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Never been a big M&P fan, but if these turn up for $409 I will snap one up

think you would be happy with the choice as long as the improvements to the full size carry over to the compact.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post