SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MP compact coming out to match Glock 19 Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Guys, so you don't have to subject yourself to Yeager, I did the research. He has a Part 2 video where he realized he did not have the new compact in the Part 1 video but the regular M2.0 with full-size but 15 round magazines needed for compliance in states like Colorado.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Serious gun people watch that tool’s videos?

He’s a an oxygen converter...that’s all he’s good for.

As for the gun, it looks nice!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I hope Smith and Wesson sues him.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
What a moron, who makes a video and doesn’t know what firearm he has in his hand??

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Just called my LGS and they have the M&P 2.0 Compact 9MM for $499 but not the one with the safety yet which is what I am looking for. Still might stop by to check it out.

Does anyone know if the current S&W rebate applies to the M&P 2.0 Compact? Wording in the rebate says it applies to full size M&P 2.0 only but there was no M&P 2.0 Compact when the rebate became available. If the rebate applies I will have to act fast as it ends at the end of the month.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Just called my LGS and they have the M&P 2.0 Compact 9MM for $499 but not the one with the safety yet which is what I am looking for. Still might stop by to check it out.

Does anyone know if the current S&W rebate applies to the M&P 2.0 Compact? Wording in the rebate says it applies to full size M&P 2.0 only but there was no M&P 2.0 Compact when the rebate became available. If the rebate applies I will have to act fast as it ends at the end of the month.

Check it out : https://www.smith-wesson.com/s...pon_NONCompliant.pdf

https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-rebate-v2

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 Compact doesn't have the "Summer Savings Promotion Eligable" notification on its thumbnail on the main M&P page, so I doubt it. Plus, that program expires before there will be many Compacts available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FrankMoses,

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Serious gun people watch that tool’s videos?

He’s a an oxygen converter...that’s all he’s good for.

Yeager's also a good source if you want to learn how to hide in a ditch after setting up your teammates to get slaughtered in an ambush by stranding them on the X. He's an expert on that particular topic.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
The 2.0 Compact doesn't have the "Summer Savings Promotion Eligable" notification on its thumbnail on the main M&P page, so I bout it. Plus, that program expires before there will be many Compacts available.

Thanks.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the 2.0 guns are eligible for the rebate. I just got my free magazines, etc. for the 4.25” 2.0. There no mentioning of the compact not qualifying that I have seen. I’ll check with S&W on Monday to triple check. In the meantime if someone can find something directly saying the 2.0 compact does NOT qualify, please let me know so I can take it out of the verbiage in my WTS ad.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
My understanding is that the 2.0 guns are eligible for the rebate. I just got my free magazines, etc. for the 4.25” 2.0. There no mentioning of the compact not qualifying that I have seen. I’ll check with S&W on Monday to triple check. In the meantime if someone can find something directly saying the 2.0 compact does NOT qualify, please let me know so I can take it out of the verbiage in my WTS ad.

This is the part on the rebate form that led me to doubt the M&P 2.0 Compact is not included. -- "Offer valid on any NEW full size model M&P® M2.0™ pistol,"

"Offer valid on any NEW full size model M&P® M2.0™ pistol, any NEW full size or compact model M&P®
pistol, and any NEW M&P Shield® pistol, all in calibers 9mm, 40S&W, and 45Auto,"

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
@Grumpy... gotcha. I’ll see what I can find out for certain. Thanks for pointing it out.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Here a couple of quick comparison photos of a compact with a 4” barrel and 15rds vs. a 4.25” with 17rds. Both are 2.0 guns. Not much diff in slide length, but the compact is definitely easier to conceal carry with the shorter grip.

Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
Will the smaller grip tool from the 4.25 fit into the compact? The one on the compact is oddly huge.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
There are 4 grip inserts that come with tbe Compact. Overkill in my opinion, but you'll definitely find one that works for you with that many choices. If I numbered them from smallest to biggest, #2 is my choice. A perfect fit. As for the gun itself, it (the 2.0 Compact) seems like a GREAT improvememt over my M&P9. Range time hopefully tomoorrow.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else found the #3 and #4 grip insert (medium large and large) next to impossible to install on the Compact M2.0? The small, and medium (came installed) work smith as silk. The grip inserts exchange easily in the full size M2.0. I find I prefer the medium large on the full size. Also, the grip inserts are not labeled on the compact ... but are labeled on the full size? Not a major issue but a little annoying on my sample of ONE (M2.0 Compact.)

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Malice:
Will the smaller grip tool from the 4.25 fit into the compact? The one on the compact is oddly huge.

They do not appear to be interchangeable ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Another review video with a lot of shooting.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
Also, the grip inserts are not labeled on the compact ... but are labeled on the full size? Not a major issue but a little annoying on my sample of ONE (M2.0 Compact.)

They should be marked with a small letter in a box on the lower outside rear of the grip. The M&P 2.0 Compact reviews I've seen show that. (For example, at ~2:00 and again at ~4:20 in the above video review.)

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
Anyone else found the #3 and #4 grip insert (medium large and large) next to impossible to install on the Compact M2.0? The small, and medium (came installed) work smith as silk. The grip inserts exchange easily in the full size M2.0. I find I prefer the medium large on the full size. Also, the grip inserts are not labeled on the compact ... but are labeled on the full size? Not a major issue but a little annoying on my sample of ONE (M2.0 Compact.)

Yes, took me a minute to get the ML & L on. They were definitely more challenging than the S & M. But I did finally manage...only to take them off and go back to the M.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post