SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN also has a new micro 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN also has a new micro 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of RioGrande481
posted
FN also has a new single-stack micro 9mm, the FN 503.

FN 503 page

I bought one, but I like FN pistols. It reminds me of a G43, but with a better trigger.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Wonder how the optic compares with others on the market? Have a Glock 43 that has by farther worst trigger of any handgun I have ever shot. Stopped carrying it as it is inaccurate in my hand. FN info claims this unit has an upgraded trigger. Wold like to see it reviewed.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
FN tries and tries and tries, but their modern handguns are 'meh' at best.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
At least they included sights that will be usable if you add an optic.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I saw that a few weeks back. If it had come out 5-7 years ago, it would have been interesting. Now, who cares. If I was in the market, I'd get a P365.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Wonder how the optic compares with others on the market? Have a Glock 43 that has by farther worst trigger of any handgun I have ever shot. Stopped carrying it as it is inaccurate in my hand. FN info claims this unit has an upgraded trigger. Wold like to see it reviewed.

I wonder if you got a bad trigger with your G43? Mine has a decent trigger, though I did change the springs to have a slightly lighter trigger pull. I think they were $10 or so and only took a few minutes to do.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks kinda Glock-y and Taurus-y

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Looks kinda Glock-y and Taurus-y

... and cheepy, and yawny...

This is NOT innovation, it is an attempt to make a profit off of a concept they either don't understand or cannot deliver.

Some will buy it and love it. Great, I'm a fan of free markets.... just don't leave it in the sun.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Y'seen one pair of tits, y'seen 'em all...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I'm satisfied with my P290.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Is it me or does it bear a strong resemblance to the Sig P290? I hate to tell’em but if you’re gonna mimic a Sig, mimic the P365

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This and the new CZ are awesome...for 5 years ago. The P365 has been out for what, 2 years now? Once it hit the market you would think that any manufacturer that had a single stack 9mm in waiting would have immediately scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. Single stack micro 9s good or bad, will only sell by being significantly cheaper than a 365 or Hellcat.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've owned quite a few micro-9mm pistols and don't shoot most of them as well as my Glock 26. Even so, I keep them around if they're lighter, thinner, shorter or otherwise have some advantage over the G26 for certain situations. From what I can tell, the FN 503 is about as heavy as the G26, nearly as thick, is taller, and has fewer rounds. I doubt I'll end up trying this one. I don't dislike FN pistols, but I'm not a huge fan either.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of a Springfield,Sig P290,Glock looking thing. I agree that some FN pistol designs don't really have that overall appealing look.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
FN: Hey check out the new FN503!

Everyone else: Very funny FN, but it's not April 1.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are going to laugh but I can't wait to get my hands on a 503. I have had many FN pistols and even when they come up with a model that seems to be a step behind another model for whatever reason (capacity, size, etc..) I find it to be a superior product in other ways. It's got full length steel rails, metal sights, steel guide rod, cold hammer forged barrel with target crown, oversized extractor - you get the idea. I
The 503, while a little late and maybe underdressed for the party, i am sure will be a quality piece.
When I can find one I will buy it, and give a report

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The P290 was a hammer gun. This is striker fired I believe.

More to the point, if they want to compete, they need to make a single stack width double stack gun. Either that or something REALLY tiny. If someone could make a LCP sized 9mm x 19, they could probably sell a lot of those.

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Is it me or does it bear a strong resemblance to the Sig P290? I hate to tell’em but if you’re gonna mimic a Sig, mimic the P365

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first thought that was that it resembled the P290. I always liked the P290, until I started shooting it. A striker fired P290 would have been cool a few years ago, but between the P365, Hellcat, and even the G43... the FN looks like a dud.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post