SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols. Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/m17-s...il&utm_source=Eloqua

Personally I’m happy with my M17 even though it’s not the “real deal” but I’m sure some collectors might love one.

quote:
THE REAL DEAL

SIG SAUER is offering an extremely limited number of authentic M17s originally issued by the U.S. Army and fielded during the initial domestic and in-theater deployment of the Modular Handgun System. These unique, one-of-a-kind firearms feature the original coyote controls, the original government-issue markings and serial numbers, along with the U.S. Army specified front and rear sights. As these were fielded by the U.S. Army their condition will vary, making each one uniquely different, and making this truly an opportunity to own a piece of history.

The M17 Surplus handgun is a 9mm, striker-fired, P320-based handgun platform, featuring a coyote-tan PVD coated stainless steel slide, coyote-tan controls, a coyote-tan medium carry grip module, with the U.S. Government slide markings and serial numbers. The handguns are equipped with SIGLITE sights (orange rear & green front), removable night sight rear plates, and the same optic cut as specified by the MHS contract, ready to fit a SIG SAUER Electro-Optics ROMEO1Pro Optic. The M17 features an ambidextrous manual safety, ships with (1) 17-round and (2) 21-round magazines, includes an official SIG SAUER M17 Certificate of Authenticity, and comes packed just as the handguns are delivered to the U.S. Military.

*The M17 Surplus comes with our “Certified Pre-owned Pistols” warranty.
For more information please visit our warranty page.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. Now where can I get one?

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they will offer them at the same price the government got them for. Big Grin

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting marketing gimmick to label these as "surplus" when they're really T&E guns, which IMHO is a more desirable description. The army does not really have surplus M17s when they're still in the process of acquiring a sufficient quantity to issue.

Wonder how many of these will be available and how much they'll cost. My best wild guess is that these will go for $2500 or more if the quantity is low.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I thought the only real deal military ones Sig was going to sell were the Commemorative ones.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
"Issued in theatre"

What's that?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
I thought the only real deal military ones Sig was going to sell were the Commemorative ones.

Fooled you, didn't they? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeeperxd:

Fooled you, didn't they? Big Grin[/QUOTE

Yes they did but it is getting a little old. They did it with the 556 the 522 the 365
and others.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I wonder if they will offer them at the same price the government got them for. Big Grin

Knowing the military, the probably paid $2300 a piece for them, still want it for that price? Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I just don’t understand why Sig can’t just build one M17 instead of building three or four different guns and calling them all the same thing.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:

Fooled you, didn't they? Big Grin

Guilty.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

Surplus guns..... $399.99 sounds good. Wink

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is the government pays <200 bucks apiece for M17's. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I just don’t understand why Sig can’t just build one M17 instead of building three or four different guns and calling them all the same thing.

I have to admit that kind of threw me a little while back. SIG can't use the same lubricating and anticorrosion treatment on civilian market pistols, but the Snoopy (tan 320FS with black controls including a thumb safety) is almost the same thing so they might as well market it as the M17. The Bravo? Well, it's all black and its not just called the M17, it's the M17 Bravo. There's really no reason to not market the Bravo as (a type of) M17 since the only difference between the Bravo and the Snoopy is the color of the frame and slide.

That's when CDNN got me. They started advertising M17s at fairly cheap prices at one point, but when I went to the site I couldn't find an M17 anywhere. It turns out that CDNN seems to have decided that a tan 320FS with tan controls and no thumb safety is practically the same thing as an M17, so...

I think it might not have hurt if SIG had asked vendors to either use a modifier like "Bravo" or simply call the pistol they're selling a tan P320FS. OTOH people will probably get used to calling the civilian version "the M17" just because relatively few of us are in the military and have access to the M17 as issued.

As for the surplus, well, I like surplus - and that would be a really neat piece of surplus to have.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Didn't the military trade these in when they found early problems? Sig had to made some changes to the early design?

So instead of sitting on them, Sig decides to dump them on the market...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
My guess is the government pays <200 bucks apiece for M17's. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

The numbers haven't been officially released. But it's an estimated ~$200 for each pistol itself.

However, that $200 estimate does not including the additional cost for each complete unit (apparently including spare parts, accessories, technical data, training, logistics, etc.), which reportedly raises the per-unit cost by another several hundred dollars apiece, for a total estimated per-unit cost to the military of ~$600 each.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Jesus, Sig will sell anything that's not bolted to the floor won't they?
Every week they are coming out with a newer, more superer, even more commemorative-y, version of this plastic pistol.
Fools and their money.....

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
The MSRP is supposed to be around $900 on these. It’s baffling that the commemorative models fetch what they do and this will sell for far less as an actual Army T&E gun.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a good move on Sig's part.

The issued USMC M45A1's seem to fetch quite the premium over the commercial M45A1s.

I'm sure these M17s will be very desirable, a lot of people will love the surplus factor.

Wonder when and where they will be hitting the streets.

Lipsey's is showing MSRP at $843, with MAP at $699.00

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If any dealers here are going to order these, I'd like to get on the band wagon. It would be great to have next to the Colt USMC!

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post