SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here is what one looks like if you've not checked them out on GunBroker yet.
There is a imgur link to more pics below. Sorry if the size is jacked up, I resized it, but does not seem to be working. It could just be my cache.

https://imgur.com/a/gzBzUgL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: h2so4,

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, looks like it's seen some range and holster time, but not abused.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I snagged one at auction because my orders got canceled at two other dealers. Yesterday I managed a deposit on a second unit. I'm about done and have a good match for my surplus Colt M45A1 pistols.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PT Barnum was right. Wow, 1,ooo+ for a $500 gun the military paid $300 for is hillarious. Worse than "collectable" Glocks.
Are these surplus guns pre-recall, or has Sig fixed them?

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I gather you will not be getting the new and improved Colt Python. Each to his own.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
My suspicion is SIG found the problem during military testing, as the military guns were not affected.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
My suspicion is SIG found the problem during military testing, as the military guns were not affected.

Have no idea, but most build dates I've seen are Nov-Dec 2019.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember the Jim Beam Bottle craze in the early seventies? The current M17 situation reminds me of those crazy-stupid days.

Pay your money - take your chances, all in, good luck boyz...

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my first one. It is a low serial number, in the 300's. The gun appears to be unfired.

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

Have no idea, but most build dates I've seen are Nov-Dec 2019.

"Build" dates on these, as noted on the box labels, are obviously dates when they were released on on the commercial market as used guns, not the original build dates.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got me one.. I don't know why, but collectors will collect I guess. Mine has a few scratches in it, but overall in pretty good condition

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Got me one.. I don't know why, but collectors will collect I guess. Mine has a few scratches in it, but overall in pretty good condition

Congrats. Haven't had any luck finding one locally, but seems the prices on GB are starting to level out somewhat. I'll pick one up for the collection sooner or later.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I gather you will not be getting the new and improved Colt Python. Each to his own.

This is my first Sig forum post. I found this forum doing a search on the M17, as I was curious what Sig owners thought about the surplus versions being released.

Curiously, I was at a gun store today to get on the list for a new 4.25" Python, and spotted a M17 surplus for $695+tax. I had not planned on buying one, but I was aware of the $1K+ that they were going for on GB. It was nice to be able to handle the gun before buying it, and while I don't see much point in paying so much for a gun just because it is military surplus, I love bargains so I grabbed it.

I mention this because I'm guessing there are still some at the gun stores, and all the stores I deal with sell their guns at a fixed mark-up from cost (same is true on the Python I'm getting). Apparently cost wasn't anywhere near what GB sellers are getting.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a no-brainer. Had to get one...or more. Wink

The opportunity to own a legit service pistol cannot be reasoned by price alone. The M17 is a nearly ideal service weapon and performs like gangbusters.

What's interesting is, that despite the minor cosmetic differences between the military and commercial variants, the Army's M17s are actually manufactured to slightly different specs. All of the M17s that I've handled are fit more precisely than any of the P320s I've handled. Strange but true.

The M17 is a superior service weapon. Get one while you can.

Tim

"Very well then. Carry on." -Para

Posts: 1685 | Location: The Land of the Free! | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and spotted a M17 surplus for $695+tax. I had not planned on buying one,

I have to admit... if I walked in a gun store and saw that deal... I would be buying it. That's just too good to walk away from.

G

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post