SIGforum
Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9430024464

December 18, 2019, 12:49 PM
Ryanp225
Sig offering a limited amount of surplus M17 pistols.
In three months Sig will announce a release of the M17 surplus pistols in black with lightening cuts. Eek
December 18, 2019, 12:57 PM
xanth
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
In three months Sig will announce a release of the M17 surplus pistols in black with lightening cuts. Eek

If they can sell them, why not!
December 18, 2019, 01:01 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
quote:

If they can sell them, why not!

That wasn't my point.
December 18, 2019, 01:10 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
"Issued in theatre"

What's that?

"They might have been used in COMBAT, but maybe not."
December 18, 2019, 04:20 PM
220-9er
Sounds like a bit of marketing hype to me.
By the time these could (and that's questionable) be worth something more than any other used P320 model, there will be thousands more coming out of government service and available. Those can claim even more history. Not to mention the ones from other governments being replaced by something newer.
I buy guns for present value and usefulness to me so unless these are priced below other new P320's, I'd pass.
I don't think you're missing the next Ferrari GTO.

December 18, 2019, 04:28 PM
RHINOWSO
SIG saw the fervor around the legit 'de-milled' Colt M45s that the USMC returned in exchange for the new DLC finish and thought this would be the same.
December 18, 2019, 05:18 PM
esdunbar
quote:

That made me LOL!

This is why, even though I love my 365, I still hate Sig. Just rediculous. (Goes to google if Glock/M&P/HK has their version of the 365 yet).
December 18, 2019, 10:14 PM
CD228
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
"Issued in theatre"

What's that?

Issued to a fobbit, carried to the DFAC, Gym, CHU,MWR and Service on sundays.

To Salsa night and back reliability.
December 18, 2019, 10:41 PM
Pale Horse
quote:

It hasn’t even been two years since Sig won the contract and this is already the third M17 that I know of for sale to the general public and all three are different. Just think how many M17s they will have released in 20 years.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
December 19, 2019, 02:43 AM
OTD
Nice if the pistols come with a documentation that they had been used for the US ilitary trials.
I still regret to pass on a SIGMaremont XM9 trials pistol.
December 19, 2019, 07:13 AM
Warhorse
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
"Issued in theatre"

What's that?

Issued to a fobbit, carried to the DFAC, Gym, CHU,MWR and Service on sundays.

To Salsa night and back reliability.

Ooooh, kind of what I was hinting at with my question. I'm sure that statement is pure marketing hype, short of saying maybe it killed some terrorist type...maybe not.

December 19, 2019, 07:53 AM
jeeperxd
Well i was one of the fools who took Sigs word that the Commemorative was going to be the only real-deal available to civilians. To me this was a lie. As i stated before this has happened too many times on other models. I have enjoyed my collection of Sigs and will continue to do so but my buying days are over with them.
December 19, 2019, 04:02 PM
esdunbar
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
Well i was one of the fools who took Sigs word that the Commemorative was going to be the only real-deal available to civilians. To me this was a lie. As i stated before this has happened too many times on other models. I have enjoyed my collection of Sigs and will continue to do so but my buying days are over with them.

In fairness, they admitted the “commemorative” was not in fact to the same specs as the M17. It was just a brown 320 with a thumb safety and different red dot cut.
December 19, 2019, 07:06 PM
Graniteguy
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:

The Commemorative M17 was to commemorate Sigs success in securing the M17 MHS Contract.

The Surplus M17's are just that - surplus pistols that were issued in the early stages of the contract fulfillment.

Two completely different scenarios. (although the pistols themselves do have many similarities)
December 19, 2019, 11:57 PM
jeeperxd
I stand corrected
December 20, 2019, 12:08 AM
CD228
quote:

Ooooh, kind of what I was hinting at with my question. I'm sure that statement is pure marketing hype, short of saying maybe it killed some terrorist type...maybe not.

Tracking all,
I just couldn't resist a salsa night crack.
December 30, 2019, 11:05 AM
h2so4
It looks like a couple of Elite Dealers have received their allotment. Some look LNIB while others are well used.
January 01, 2020, 12:08 AM
jljones
These guns are legit and I don’t think SIG knew it was coming.

These were first gen guns that were issued to the 101st Airborne. The guns had the original brown controls. Once their deployment ended, SIG took the guns back to upgrade and retrofit to the present controls. SIG swapped them out for new guns.

The serial numbers are correct for the military range. I think the prefix is TK and TC.

I think they are a neat piece of history. Not worth it to me, but still neat.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

January 01, 2020, 06:55 AM
xanth
Looks to be quite the desirable product now. Hitting GB with bidding being double to triple the MSRP.
January 01, 2020, 09:17 AM
scottyboy
if anyone is interested .

https://osagecountyguns.com/m17-surplus/