SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New M17, gets X-grip. **controls are coated now**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New M17, gets X-grip. **controls are coated now** Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
So my M17 came in from Quantico, $565 on the .Mil list. I had a spare X-grip since the wife needed a small grip on its previous host, so I cut the safety slots. Since the X-grip came out, I have just not liked the traditional 320 grip modules.

Plans are to coat the controls in Brownells Alumahyde Dark Earth for a semi matched look. The trigger is a gritty bag of ass with lots of takeup before the break, so I need to shoot it a but to see if it will smooth out.

I'm happy with it overall, and it will be my HD/SHTF gun.

Also tried a Romeo 1 on it, fits tight against the back, but that gap of front is decent. I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro, but I doubt I'll ever mount it to this pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
How's the full size X-grip on the V-TAC. Notice much difference in the shooting?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. BTW, why wouldn't you put your DPP on your MH-17?

Regards

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
Very cool. BTW, why wouldn't you put your DPP on your MH-17?

Regards

It has a more important job at the moment on my Glock 10mm. I may buy another at some point.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "X" grip looks much better in my opinion. Does it come in the coyote/desert color, in order to match the slide?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
The "X" grip looks much better in my opinion. Does it come in the coyote/desert color, in order to match the slide?

Black only.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And they don't have a Large size yet, IIUC.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I tried the DPP on for size, and like it, but I don't think I'll be buying one for this pistol for a while.

The Brownells Alumahyde Coyote came out lighter than expected, but I like it better than black.

Shooting the first rounds through it tomorrow.

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
Did you coat the safety levers while installed on the FCU, or remove them first? If the latter, how do you get them off?

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by incogneato:
Did you coat the safety levers while installed on the FCU, or remove them first? If the latter, how do you get them off?

Tried getting them off but I decided I didn’t want to be the guy naking a youtube video on how not to do it since there’s not much info out there.

So I just wrapped the FCU in blue painters tape and sprayed the safety levers like that.