SIGforum
New M17, gets X-grip. **controls are coated now**

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9420010744

September 13, 2018, 09:51 PM
Zacsquatch
New M17, gets X-grip. **controls are coated now**
So my M17 came in from Quantico, $565 on the .Mil list. I had a spare X-grip since the wife needed a small grip on its previous host, so I cut the safety slots. Since the X-grip came out, I have just not liked the traditional 320 grip modules.

Plans are to coat the controls in Brownells Alumahyde Dark Earth for a semi matched look. The trigger is a gritty bag of ass with lots of takeup before the break, so I need to shoot it a but to see if it will smooth out.

I'm happy with it overall, and it will be my HD/SHTF gun.

Also tried a Romeo 1 on it, fits tight against the back, but that gap of front is decent. I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro, but I doubt I'll ever mount it to this pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
September 14, 2018, 07:27 AM
SIGWolf
How's the full size X-grip on the V-TAC. Notice much difference in the shooting?
September 14, 2018, 04:45 PM
Mike-4
Very cool. BTW, why wouldn't you put your DPP on your MH-17?

Regards
September 14, 2018, 05:22 PM
Zacsquatch
quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
Very cool. BTW, why wouldn't you put your DPP on your MH-17?

Regards

It has a more important job at the moment on my Glock 10mm. I may buy another at some point.

September 15, 2018, 08:52 AM
patw
The "X" grip looks much better in my opinion. Does it come in the coyote/desert color, in order to match the slide?
September 15, 2018, 09:58 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
The "X" grip looks much better in my opinion. Does it come in the coyote/desert color, in order to match the slide?

Black only.
September 15, 2018, 12:26 PM
Il Cattivo
And they don't have a Large size yet, IIUC.
September 15, 2018, 06:54 PM
Zacsquatch
I tried the DPP on for size, and like it, but I don't think I'll be buying one for this pistol for a while.

The Brownells Alumahyde Coyote came out lighter than expected, but I like it better than black.

Shooting the first rounds through it tomorrow.

October 28, 2018, 02:53 PM
incogneato
Did you coat the safety levers while installed on the FCU, or remove them first? If the latter, how do you get them off?
October 28, 2018, 03:10 PM
.38supersig
Cool!

October 28, 2018, 10:32 PM
Zacsquatch
quote:
Originally posted by incogneato:
Did you coat the safety levers while installed on the FCU, or remove them first? If the latter, how do you get them off?

Tried getting them off but I decided I didn’t want to be the guy naking a youtube video on how not to do it since there’s not much info out there.

So I just wrapped the FCU in blue painters tape and sprayed the safety levers like that.