SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New vs Used, when and why.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New vs Used, when and why. Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have not purchased a brand new firearm in almost 20 years. The reason is that there has not been a brand new handgun that has interested me enough to purchase it.

I dont like plastic, I dont like striker fired guns.

So used guns, made prior to the year 2000 is all that interests me. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It makes no difference to me. A lot of used guns are very much like new with very few rounds. I know many people who buy guns, never shoot them, then realize they cannot afford them, and sell. I buy both new and used. It comes down to peice for me. I never believe anyone when they say like new used and try to sell for full retail msrp.

Sometimes I buy used looking guns for real cheap because for some strange reason I like the tarnished look. Like a Gen2 Glock LEO trade in or those LE trade ins at AimSurplus.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of new 2022 sigs from Palmetto a few years ago.
They had night sights, came with mail in offer for free carry bag and extra mags from sig.
These were $399 with free shipping.
Usually I go with good used.
My P226 in 357 came from a gunstore where an older gentleman had purchased it.
He fired 1 mag thru it and traded it back in 3 years later.
He said it was too loud and had a lot of muzzle flash.
I ended up getting it for $425 out the door with factory case and goodies.
Most of my guns could be sold and get maybe $50more than I paid. At least break even.
I bought my 556xi from Osage when they first came out.
It was full price, but cheaper than other places nd came with a lot of goodies!!

Posts: 19 | Registered: April 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post