SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame Login/Join 
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted
Does anyone know if it comes with the SRT trigger or regular old school trigger? Thanks.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If this is the gun you’re referring to, the ad says it has the short reset trigger.

If, however, by “SRT” you mean short reach trigger, the one pictured has the standard version.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I truly appreciate it.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh, man. Hideous! Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I saw one in person yesterday. It is pretty stupid looking but I guess that's why they are selling so cheap.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that it is "Titanium Blue" describing the color, not a blue "Titanium" frame as your topic line suggests.

But please correct me if I am wrong, as anymore, I see Sig more as a "marketing" operation than a firearms manufacturer.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bling crap is alive and well with SIG.

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Bling crap is alive and well with SIG.

Come on man, Sig has spent a lot of bucks on marketing folks to make this happen. Big Grin

Who wouldn't want an "Enhanced Elite in Blue Titanium"? Personally I would've called it an "Enhanced Elite Blue Titantium Spec Ops Special"

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EVERY company has to have a marketing operation to stay in business. No disrespect intended, but who cares? Nobody HAS to buy bling.

If it sells and Sig makes money, that's great. Means they'll be able to stay in business for shooters that prefer plain vanilla functionality.

The more choices the better, even if I don't personally like some of them.

BTW, bad marketing and ads generally are one of my pet peeves. Most of it looks like it's done by 25 year old Pajama Boy ignoramuses. You see the product or ad and say to yourself: "What idiot would buy this POS?" Then six months later you see it has record sales. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was mainly referring to the wording used by Sig, as to some, possibly including the OP, it may appear that it has a titanium frame.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought when I saw the title. That the frame itself was titanium.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the price, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, my son, who plays all those 1st person shooters, loves the color. It looks just like the custom one he made in one of his games. To me, it's a P229 and to him, it's his custom gun.

Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackwaterp226:
For the price, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, my son, who plays all those 1st person shooters, loves the color. It looks just like the custom one he made in one of his games. To me, it's a P229 and to him, it's his custom gun.

PLEASE start a thread with photos when you get it. So I can at least enjoy your purchase. I've been eye balling this gun for awhile now. It's a killer price. And for a range gun, I want it. My carry weapon is a black Glock and that's not changing.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bow Commander:
quote:

PLEASE start a thread with photos when you get it. So I can at least enjoy your purchase. I've been eye balling this gun for awhile now. It's a killer price. And for a range gun, I want it. My carry weapon is a black Glock and that's not changing.

Sure will. I should get it by next week. Yeah, the price was too good to pass.

Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bow Commander:
quote:

Sure will. I should get it by next week. Yeah, the price was too good to pass.

Awesome. It really was too good. I came so close to pulling out the credit card multiple times yesterday. Glad you got in on it.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've got a buddy who built an AR using receivers anodized in a similar blue color. We give him crap for that choice but honestly in person it doesn't look that bad though I'd never admit that to him, not when we have so much fun ragging him about it. He's hardcore Glock so I doubt he'd even consider a P229...but I sent him the CDNN link anyways. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If this is the gun you’re referring to, the ad says it has the short reset trigger.

If, however, by “SRT” you mean short reach trigger, the one pictured has the standard version.

Common issue with naming - the SRT is the short reset trigger - the RRT is the reduced reach trigger. They can both be on the same unit so that people with smaller hands can benefit from both technologies.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of bling, I can't wait to get one of those fabulous Sig key chains. To hell with that titanium crap.

Posts: 1252 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
I got one today at Gunbroker.com for $599. + $25 S&H. I think for the price it was a good deal considering the features of SRT, night sights, and beavertail.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ergh Magh Gerhd! Shee Deeh Ehrn Ehrn!

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post