SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So what is the finish? Cerakote? Looks rather grainy for it to be anodized, which is what I thought the light blue was from the CDNN pics. Almost like pebbles, courtesy of those big pics. I think that bugs me more than any shade of blue ever did.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sig now uses a vibratory tumbler to finish/de-bur the frames prior to anodizing.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
Wow. I like that very much. Should have pulled the trigger on one too.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Makes me think of Blue Steel

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted Hide Post
I shot 200 rounds through it and this gun is super accurate. For $599 shipped, one of the best deals that I've ever gotten online. Glad I jumped on this one. And the color is better than I thought.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought mine Saturday for 615 and shoot about 50 federal fly and about 30 federal hst throw it. Color is a little off but the gun is a dream to shoot. Wonder why they aren't on the list for the mag promotion that's another reason why I brought it.

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up this morning. Will try the rebate this weekend. I can understand why the 229 is popular. Feels good in hand, even with the goofy plastic grip.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post