SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P229 Blue Titanium Frame Login/Join 
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Color aside, that's an incredible value considering you're getting an "Elite" with all the associated goodies PLUS the rebate stuff. (I could learn to like blue - heck, I was in the AF for 20 years!)

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackwaterp226:
......I should get it by next week. Yeah, the price was too good to pass.

It should shoot just as well as those with the black anodized frames. Smile Could you do me a favor? After you actually get the gun, let us know how the gun looks in person.

I'm asking because a lot of guns look better in person than photos. I had a P229 SS slide bead blasted, since it had to go to Sig anyway. Was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked after it was returned. Now I have five Sig bead blasted slides. Never liked the look of two-tones before, based solely on pics.

It is very difficult to photograph two-tone guns and capture the way they really look. Issues with lighting and reflections off surfaces, plus contrast between slide and dark frame. Could be the same with colors.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the frame really made of titanium? It weighs slightly heavier than the same model with an aluminum frame.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
Color aside, that's an incredible value considering you're getting an "Elite" with all the associated goodies PLUS the rebate stuff. (I could learn to like blue - heck, I was in the AF for 20 years!)

You could always have the frame done at CCR. $600+$200 still equals one hell of a deal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some people are—as usual—being careless with the description of the gun. It’s either “titanium blue” or “blue titanium.” The first seems to be the more accurate, except for the fact, of course, that titanium isn’t blue. It’s highly unlikely that the frame is made of titanium. Not that it’s not possible, but we would expect far more fanfare over such a development, and even SIG would probably have enough sense to not cover the base color of the metal with an electric blue finish that would have the aesthetes gagging in the men’s room. Furthermore, it’s more than highly unlikely that a P229 with titanium frame would be being sold at a bargain price.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Sig marketing should have touted it as the "Blue Lives Matter 229"?

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get it just to have something different.
I always wanted an FDE in FN or something but I never actually made a purchase.

It is a great price for an awesome pistol.

The only downside for me is the grip, it is too small. Now if it had an original grip then I would definitely buy it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I would get it just to have something different.
I always wanted an FDE in FN or something but I never actually made a purchase.

It is a great price for an awesome pistol.

The only downside for me is the grip, it is too small. Now if it had an original grip then I would definitely buy it.

That's easy enough to change. Regular 2-pc grip panels are cheap, so are grip screws. Pop off the 1-pc grip and expose the screw holes...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the pistol style but the color is on the ugly side. For the price it might be worth getting it refinished.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got one for my wife. She loved the color. Its bigger than we were looking for her, but i think itll be a good fit.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I actually like the blue. It's not like it's rainbows and unicorns.

Having choices isn't a bad thing although I get the impression there are more than a few folks that are "Model T" fans. "Any color so long as it is black". Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
That's uglier than Rosie O'Donnell in a G-string bent over an all you can eat buffet of soft-boiled fetal duck.....

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
Don't mind the color at all, but the exaggerated beaver tail is horrible. Probably why they made this special run (to use up old style beaver tail frames). Most of the frames made now have an abbreviated beaver tail.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
That's uglier than Rosie O'Donnell in a G-string bent over an all you can eat buffet of soft-boiled fetal duck.....

Got damn, you paint an evil picture. Big Grin

At least it is better than rainbow or diamond plate.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackwaterp226:
For the price, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, my son, who plays all those 1st person shooters, loves the color. It looks just like the custom one he made in one of his games. To me, it's a P229 and to him, it's his custom gun.

Good for you. If your son likes it, go for it!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted Hide Post
Wow, just got it today. Looks so much better than I thought. It's a whole lot darker than the images on CDNN. It actually looks more like a dark blue/grey color than that light blue that they had on CDNN. Even better than I thought. I like this dark color better. Awesome.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
My what big pictures you have! Eek Razz

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Now, that looks completely different, and much better, than the CDNN pics.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
I actually like the blue. It's not like it's rainbows and unicorns.

It would be neat to see one with a rainbow slide.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Now, that looks completely different, and much better, than the CDNN pics.

If I knew it was that color I'd have bought one.

That looks really good. I hope it shoots as good blackwater. What a steal. They are $700 now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post