SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-carry questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-carry questions Login/Join 
posted
So, I'm looking at getting an X-carry and an X-5

Ive seen pics of the X-carry with both fixed and adjustable rear sights, are there different skews are are people simply buying X-5 rear sights and popping that plate on in place of the stock sights?

Also, the X-carry appears to use a NON-funneled full size frame that is shorter in the snout for the shorter slide and barrel. Correct?

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you ever handled an x-carry? That trigger is the very definition of spongy.. I much prefer the regular 320 trigger

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen adjustable sights on the X carry? Hard to change them out I would think since they are attached to the removable plate. Yes, the grip is shorter in the snout. Matches the Compact barrel length. My X carry is amazingly accurate. The Greyguns Trigger helped some. I have the same Trigger set up in another P320, and the X Carry is more accurate. Maybe something to the pre tensioned barrel?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. The X-carry in question in on gun broker. I'm thinking they put an X-5 sight plate on the X-carry, assuming they are compatible.

quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I’ve never seen adjustable sights on the X carry? Hard to change them out I would think since they are attached to the removable plate. Yes, the grip is shorter in the snout. Matches the Compact barrel length. My X carry is amazingly accurate. The Greyguns Trigger helped some. I have the same Trigger set up in another P320, and the X Carry is more accurate. Maybe something to the pre tensioned barrel?

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Can you post a link of the gunbroker ad? I’m curios about it.

Thanks

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I echo dc54, I have both, the sights on the full size X5 and the X-Carry are different. The FS X-5 has a Dawson Fiber Optic front sight, and has an adjustable rear site. While both have the removable plate for an MRO, the X-Carry does not have the same adjustable rear sight. Completely different.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/781281080

quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Can you post a link of the gunbroker ad? I’m curios about it.

Thanks

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that looks like a standard X5 slide plate. The standard X Carry is nothing like that plate.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I agree it looks like an x-five rear sight. I didn't know this was possible. I have an X-Carry and X-Five and could try it but I'm out of town right now.

Neat looking pistol though....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post