SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will. Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My P228 that I've had since 2002(it's the reason I found this place). It was my first 9mm and I've gone through a lot of handguns since then and don't have most of them anymore but it always shoots great when I take it out and with the hogue finger grooves it feels like it was made for my hand.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 19, 4" bright blue finish. My first handgun purchased in 1970.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 Glock 19.

Polymer allegedly has no soul. I disagree. Something that works that consistently, never fails, and is ready to protect me and my family at a second's notice is the epitomy of an, "old friend."

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
This one's an easy one for me. It's the first gun I ever owned and still my all time favorite gun because it's my first and my brother gave it to me.

I've bought/sold/traded a ton of guns since I got this one, but I'll never sell it. I will either give it back to my brother some day or will it to my son.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Ah yes... My first Sig. It was a P228. Always good to shoot and carry.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two; one pistol and one rifle. One I have owned for a ling time and the other just a few months.

The 03-A3 Smith-Corona Springfield rifle with the 'C' pistol grip stock is the rifle I shoot the best. It is a beautiful rifle that fits like a glove. It shoots as well as the nearly 'new' rearsenaled Remington 03-A3, but just feels better. I shot a couple of Garand matches with it in preference to my M1 Garand rifles.

The pistol that I shoot like no other is the recently acquired P226RX SAO. Right from the first magazine I knew it was the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. It would be the last pistol in my safe if I ever needed an infusion of cash again.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any smith k frame revolver. While I am competent with semi autos whenever I pick up a k frame the speed and accuracy both pick up significantly. If it were not for certain games where an auto is either mandatory or provides great advantage ( gssf, certain shooting schools that do not allow revolvers, uspsa stages with 40+ shots) I suspect I would not even own an auto

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sig P220R Carry. It never disappoints:

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An M-1911 Mark IV Series 80, purchased in 1984. The first centerfire firearm I bought. Shot it hard for about twenty years, not so much in recent years. It's been worked on by several people (expertly by others, adequately by me) and still shoots very well.

Not my first choice for self defense, at home or concealed carry, but it's still on the roster. The M-1911 platform just shoots very well for me.

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hk P9S for me... I love that gun

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Koop
posted Hide Post
It has to be my P226 Navy made in 2009. I bought it from a member of this forum in also in 2009. Love this firearm. My Glock 23 Gen 2 from the early 90s that I carried for five years as a LEO back-up weapon is close second.

Mike
P239, P226 Navy...oh and a Glock 23

Posts: 105 | Location: United States | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P225 or Mdl 65.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Beretta 92a1. Just bought it a couple months ago, after having a 92fs for little better than a year. 92 platform feels like it was made for ME!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My very first SIG: a P228 purchased NIB from the Rod-N-Gun club in Germany, 1994.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Airweight S&W model 37. It has been my companion on many days. I will never sell it. It rests in the safe a lot since I got a sweet no lock 642 a while back. But it is there if I need it, and I know that it will serve if necessary. You can't go wrong with a J frame.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
My S&W 63 fits the bill. It's fun to shoot, easy to carry and easy to aid in getting new people involved in the shooting sports. John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 19.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My Sig WG P-228 owned since 1996 and it's still going strong. Goes to NH every once in a while for new springs and going over. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
S&W SW1911, 1st Gen. (PC Dept.-tweaked) "billboard" model. My first 1911.

Stupidest gun-related thing I ever did was sell it a few years ago. I've had other guns that were more nicely finished, had tighter fits, more expensive, etc....but that SW1911 was one that for whatever reason felt perfect and inspired a relaxed confidence that I don't think any gun had before or has since. I've thought about picking up the same model gun again -- same early "billboard" model -- but I don't think it'd be the same.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
DW CBOB 2006. Its my carry gun and I shoot it just enough to stay accurate and current with it.

I don't want to live without it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post