SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My late production P225.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
My GP100 constantly makes it to the range alongside whatever else is on the agenda for the day. After untold numbers of 357 and 38 rounds through it, that gun is rock solid. It is definitely one I trust.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Colt Model 357 revolver which I bought from a Michigan State University Campus Police officer during 1957. I was carrying this weapon on 12-22-1964 when I, along with a fellow
USSS agent, were engaged in a 1/4 mile footchase
of a counterfeiter in NE Ohio. The bad guy was
shooting at us with a S&W Combat Magnum. We won! That Colt will forever have a special
place in my heart!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, my "old friend" is an AK. An M70ab2 to be specific. $500 pawn shop find so raggedy that the bolt hangs up if you try to ride it when hand cycling. No gun induced malfunctions ever though. Easily 6k rounds fired only pausing to tell me that a surplus magazine still had cosmoline in it and that I should clean that mag some more. I aim and reload this gun with the least amount of mental processing. Too many dry fire repetitions to count.

If I had to pick a pistol equivalent I would probably say my CZ P-01. Bought new from the same shop as the AK, I literally did a dance smiling from ear to ear as the shop owner placed this pistol in my hand. I swear that we met in a previous life. Learning this gun's shooting and reloading characteristics felt more like remembering.

A close runner up is my newly acquired Smith and Wesson 49. I love metal guns as they break in like blue jeans. Finish wear on this 49 saved me a penny or two, however a slight hitch in the cylinder swing out for reloading leads me to believe that she was rarely fired. 34 years in this world, and still needing a good break in to get that "old friend" feel. Much obligedSmile

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Of all my guns, it's a newer acquisition. 3 years ago, I bought a S&W procomp V8 revolver. I broke my arm and could only shoit one handed for six months. I can still tear the head out of a silouette with one hand behind my back!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Probably my old model Ruger Single Six convertible.

My goal is to acquire a single-action revolver in .357 Mag that's as close to it in all respects as possible.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1950 (birth year) Winchester 94 30-30 given to me in 1963 by my father.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine would have to be the boring old G19. I can shoot some of my guns more accurately, some I just enjoy more but overall I shoot the G19 the best. It just freaking melts with me especially shooting fast. I may just have to pick up another so I can have a trio!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.

Can't say that I do. All mine are fine guns that I enjoy. They all "come together" for me, and not one more so than another. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.

Can't say that I do. All mine are fine guns that I enjoy. They all "come together" for me, and not one more so than another. Cool

Yeah but ALL of yours are 228"s! Razz

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
S&W Mod. 27 3-1/2", had it 30+ years and love to shoot it and it does pretty well.
Just an old friend.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A beat to hell gen 3 G19 from about 2001. Has about 20,000 rounds through it. Still going strong, still shoots like a laser beam.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power, bought in about 1980.
Hoping my new P229 will be similar.

Mike

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 07, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my P225. 1982 vintage and it's worn. Every time I pick it up, it just clicks.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Compact Glock. A patch of flesh on the right side of my torso has been permanently molded for one. It doesn't get more 'old friend' than that.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My Bulgarian Makarov.
It just is that one gun for some reason.

I am contemplating spending the money to have it treated in Ion Bond DLC.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W m13.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'm proficient with a number of guns, but my Kobra is the one.

Ed brown you mean?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael J. Shannon:
My Colt Model 357 revolver which I bought from a Michigan State University Campus Police officer during 1957. I was carrying this weapon on 12-22-1964 when I, along with a fellow
USSS agent, were engaged in a 1/4 mile footchase
of a counterfeiter in NE Ohio. The bad guy was
shooting at us with a S&W Combat Magnum. We won! That Colt will forever have a special
place in my heart!

That takes 'old friend' to a whole 'nother level.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of omega5
posted Hide Post
For me, it'd be a S&W m66 3 inch. Bought it in 1986. Been offered $1200 for it but
I'm not parting with it. Dead accurate, concealable albeit a bit heavy, and .357 mag
power.
Dano

Tet survivor 68-69
Retired LEO 41 years
NRA PATRON Life Member

Posts: 69 | Location: East TN | Registered: October 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post