SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
You know the gun that you may not shoot all the time but when you do it just fits like a worn in ball glove or is like hooking back up with an old friend.

For me it's my old, proprietary rail early SIG P220 stainless. It just always feels right.

Today I had an HK P2000 .40, a P30 9mm and said SIG.

I wasn't shooting very well with the HKs today at 10 yards. We'll call it minute of asshole (MOA) patterns more then disciplined groups. I am not a steely eyed gunslinger so some days some fast "MOA"shooting is what I get.

At any rate I picked up the ole' P220 and proceeded to just put round after round into a beautiful group. That P220 that I have had for many years is just that old friend you may not see very often but when you see them it's like you just had a beer the night before.

So what say you? Who is your old friend? Maybe that gun in the back of the safe you haven't shot in years but every time it comes out it just all comes together.

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
A great question.
I have an old 1966 vintage Colt Govt. Model. I have had it for many years. Rescued it from a pawn shop. It's dinged and scratched up. I don't shoot it much, but I have said that I will never sell that pistol. It's never failed me.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marlin 336C in .35 Remington. No scope. Bought it ages ago one Christmas when home on leave from the Navy.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it is my 1st handgun, Ruger LCR in .22LR. IT was my 1st handgun and my 1st carry gun. I bought it used for a good price and it has worked fine. Shot 2,000 rounds through it and while not shot very often I will never part with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
30-30 Winchester that Grandpa gave me. It never misses.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
For me, it's a Colt Combat Commander.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm proficient with a number of guns, but my Kobra is the one.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
A 9mm P239 that has meaning to me.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92FS, bought in the mid-90s. It was my first gun purchase. Used it for several training classes. Despite being too big for my hands I frequently did my best shooting with it. Probably the most reliable gun I've ever owned, including Glock and S&W revolvers. The 92 and a S&W Model 10 are the only guns I've owned that have never malfunctioned.

It's currently serving HD duty, loaded with 147gr HST.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryarnaud,

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
S&W M10

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several. Well used 10/64 3 inch. Custom tuned P01 CZ (Compact Custom L.) Beretta 84. Sig RCS. To my hand they all have the same feel, shoot to the same POI, and behave similarly for follow up shots. I almost included the new Kimber DCR, but I've only fired a few hundred rounds thru it.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is also a 220, but a old worn and and blued and shoots soooo great. Part of a family of 3 !

Posts: 144 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 745IPSC Commemorative.

It was my first gun, the one that made me realize how much fun they were.

I used it for a couple years as my USPSA gun before trying out different divisions. Mine is just below serial #DVC0250 (if anyone has one in the 0245-0250 they may want to sell, please let me know, I'd love to find another with +/- 1 serial from mine).

Really great single action only 3d gen SW. Goofy safety (flip up for bang) but still a great piece. I sent it back to the PC via a friend at the factory, and she got all dressed up with all new bits save the frame, mag release, slide stop lever, slide/ rear sight and safety for a morr than fair price.

Still shoots like a dream, but more of a safe queen now because of the lack of future factory/ PC support for 3d gen guns.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The CZ 75 SA, my first handgun. The last time that I took the CZ to the range, after finishing shooting, I set it down, stared at it a bit and wondered aloud "why did I buy all of those other pistols?"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
well, damn. I have to choose between a series 70 Combat Commander, and a 4" Model 19. I guess I'll take the Smith.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say it's the 2 1/4" SP-101/.357 I inherited from Dad when he passed in May 2008. It was his carry gun. It has some holster wear, and I've thought about getting it bead blasted or polished, but when I look at it with its wear and scratches, it reminds me of Dad. The Hogue grip he had on it had a crack, so I sent it to Hogue, but they couldn't fix the crack, so they sent me a replacement grip at no charge! Hogue is an awesome company! They also sent me the original grip back since it holds sentimental value to me.

Although I don't shoot it often, I pick it up and hold it every time I open my safe. Love you, Dad!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Put me down also in the Beretta camp on this count. 92FS, nothing fancy, no rare Italian or fancy finish, just a regular blue Maryland made variant.

I know it's a big heavy pig, but the gun just does work. Every single time. It has never ever had any type of failure or stoppage, and it always puts rounds on target where I need them to be.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
An old, ratty full size HK USP40. Was on vacation many years ago and saw a gun store literally in the middle-of-nowhere South Texas. Stopped, walked in and this old, dirty, nasty USP seemed to be calling my name: To this day I really can't explain it. Paid $249 (very used) for it back then. Tonite it's on the table next to the bed, as it is every night. I have many handguns to choose from but this one is the one I'll never sell.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Mine is a plain P226 railed in 9mm. Multiple classes, a bunch of IDPA matches, countless range trlps. It got a golden ticket to Bruce Gray for a free Karma action job just to help my crummy IDPA matches and now it has good juju and doesn't like to miss. I will never sell it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
An old school 226 I picked up from another Sigforum member several years ago. I don't shoot it often, but it's still my "comfort" gun. I call it my zombie gun, and keep about 10 mags loaded for it. You know, just in case.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post