SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 S ( Pre X-Five ) 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 S ( Pre X-Five ) 9mm Login/Join 
posted
what can You tell me about P226 S 9mm. Pre X-Five. When they were imported, their reputation, current going prices , accuracy , etc. I am looking at a pre owned one. Looks like a really nice pistol. I just dont know much about them.

Posts: 36 | Registered: March 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's called the Sport Stock. All stainless no rail no tail, with adjustable rear sight. Very hard to come by. Member wgsigs has one.

http://www.gunadvisorpro.com/g...uer-p226-sport-stock

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
One Member who no longer posts had 3 of these fine pistols. Two new and unfired and one which he excercised at a indoor range. I was told he was offered quite a sum for the shooter but would not sell. Hell if I know if he still owns them as he saled most all his stainless guns. I believe Para owns one of these pistols as well. If you have found one and its been cared for and, you are good with its price, snag it. They're not likely to come again.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I am looking at has a beavertal, adjustable rear sight , stainless, no rail, mag well , marked P226 S . No box . 2 mags with aluminum bottoms. Condition is very nice. I know nothing about those guns. Seller said its pre X Five. Priced at 1500.00 I think I just get it . It does look very interesting. Just very heavy. I assume standard P226 magazines will work in it. (?)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's called the Sport Stock. All stainless no rail no tail, with adjustable rear sight. Very hard to come by. Member wgsigs has one.

http://www.gunadvisorpro.com/g...uer-p226-sport-stock

If it is a GB listing that I finally found after digging recognizing the way it was titled then 12131 is mistaken and it's a X5 Competition - 226X5-40-COMP. https://www.eurooptic.com/sig-...l-226X5-40-COMP.aspx I find it to be priced a bit high for a 40 gun unless you need that to shoot a specific class, the 9mm will have more wide appeal and better resale if you ever have to. Also there is the same model for $170 less, has the outside cardboard box that is generally lost, and is on it's second listing.

Edit: I got fixated on the "Pre X-Five", there is one listed as such "
Sig Sauer P226 S (Pre-XFive) .40S&W" which is just a X5 COMP

For some reason lately I've seen many standard P226S AR/COMP/L1 X5's be labeled Pre X-Five. I collect "Sports" so I'm constantly having to clear these out of my search results.

@ $1500 as long as the rails aren't ruined it's a good price. The X5's have come down but SSE's have been spiking to near that price and the X5 is a much much better gun than a NH produced SSE.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
If it is a GB listing that I finally found after digging recognizing the way it was titled then 12131 is mistaken and it's a X5 Competition - 226X5-40-COMP.

The OP clearly noted the pistol he's looking at is 9mm.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26005 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Based on what OP says in his second post, it does sound like an X5 Competition in 9mm. It is NOT pre-X5. It is an X5.

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Only one I could find which fits the description is a 5" gun. Its slide does appear to be marked P226 S. I could not view clearly with my cell.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. It looks like std/full size X- Five. Except: there is nothing mentioning X-Five anywhere on the gun. Just P226 S. There is no hole in the trigger ( like on current X - Five guns) and its single action only.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Based on what OP says in his second post, it does sound like an X5 Competition in 9mm. It is NOT pre-X5. It is an X5.

Edit:The only other thing it could possibly be is an Allround(AR) if it is DA/SA and they added the magwell after the fact but that's probably very unlikely. So I'm gonna go with 12131 that it is a Competition(COMP) in 9mm.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its Single Action Only. I wish I knew how to post a pic.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeSm:
Its Single Action Only. I wish I knew how to post a pic.

It's the X5 Competition, no doubt about it.

Q

posted Hide Post
Yes! Looks exactly like that one. Thats the one I am looking at.

posted Hide Post
I will post the range results once I get it. Its definitely the one in the photo

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeSm:
I assume standard P226 magazines will work in it. (?)

There Mags will work in it --> http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...x5919afc-p-2019.html

You'd be hard pressed to find a better seller / source for Mags than GregCoteLLC....Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8784 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called Sig , they were able to look it up. It was imported in 2006 as P226. X-five Completion. (Single Action Only). I will get it.

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Shucks. Too late to the game. Glad the OP was able to find out which SIG he actually had. I knew it wasn't a Sport Stock when I read it had a tail.

I guess I missed my opportunity to post a picture of my Sport Stock but maybe I'll post it anyway for "comparison" sake. Wink I paid $1,500 for mine in 2013? with case and all papers.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
226sport/da-sa, was the lead into the 226x5.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool pics! I ended up paying 1500.00 today for that 2006 X5 sao. competition. 2 mags , no box. But looks like new. Not sure how much it was new in 2006

posted Hide Post
MSRP new for a X5 COMP in 9mm was 1799.00.