SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 S ( Pre X-Five ) 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 S ( Pre X-Five ) 9mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
MSRP new for a X5 COMP in 9mm was 1799.00.
Think 1500.00 was reasonable for X5 Competition? I guess they held their value over the years.

Posts: 36 | Registered: March 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, they're NOT making any more of 'em.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Seller was under impression that He did not charge enough. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Lol. Range report will be soon PS. THEY STILL MAKE X5 SERIES IN GERMANY. Just not imported anymore through Sig USA.

Posts: 36 | Registered: March 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
great pick up MikeSm

My favorite X5!

I wish I had found one before they went crazy.

HK Ag

Posts: 3497 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeSm:
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
MSRP new for a X5 COMP in 9mm was 1799.00.
Think 1500.00 was reasonable for X5 Competition? I guess they held their value over the years.

I'd say it was at least $450 under current market, a X5 COMP didn't hit the sellers reserve ending today with a bid of $1950.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Shucks. Too late to the game. Glad the OP was able to find out which SIG he actually had. I knew it wasn't a Sport Stock when I read it had a tail.

I guess I missed my opportunity to post a picture of my Sport Stock but maybe I'll post it anyway for "comparison" sake. Wink I paid $1,500 for mine in 2013? with case and all papers.

Sig P226 the way they should be made, nuff said. There is one stainless I admire more...shhhhhh.. Cool

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeSm:
quote:
Seller was under impression that He did not charge enough. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Lol. Range report will be soon PS. THEY STILL MAKE X5 SERIES IN GERMANY. Just not imported anymore through Sig USA.

While they DO still make an X5 Series in Germany, it's NOT the same gun. There many SIG purists that prefer the classic lines of the original X5, myself included! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are many SIG purists that prefer the classic lines of the original X5, myself included! Cool

Yup.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Original line or Enhanced series, they are both fantastic. I'm a fan of all of them, although I no longer own any of the original models.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I stumbled on this one at a local shop marked as a "P226 Stainless" and got it for a song, later finding the Nill walnut to put on them. Note it's rollmarked "226 S" and has an X-Five label on the case. An early 226 AllRound before "X-Five" was a thing.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post