SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Baby Browning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby Browning Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted
I have a chance to pick up a 1966 vintage Baby Browning for $350. It is reported as unfired and looks it. The pistol was given to a woman by her brother for self protection ~50 years ago and she put it away and forgot about it until recently.

It comes with one mag and the correct zippered leather pouch that still has the red interior intact and has the gold "Browning" on the outside. The only finish wear I see is immediately behind the grip on the right side.

I don't need it, and it's not the type of pistol I would typically be drawn toward. However, I'm oddly attracted to it. What says the group? Deal or No Deal?

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, you should buy it.

Posts: 107263 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
That's a screamin deal. Buy it.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
O.K., you convinced me. That wasn't too hard. Razz

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Lucky dog. Beaters sell for twice that!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're not really asking - you're bragging Razz

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
you're bragging

Big Grin

Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Definitely get it for that price! You won't disappointed. Mine is a '66 vintage in the similar condition with the zippered case, but I paid $150 more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: winter_war,

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best I’ve been able to do is a Bauer stainless steel copy... for that money I’d be on that like white on rice!

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Semi interesting story about my dad's baby browning. He bought it one weekend. A few months later James Earl Ray shot MLK and it came out that he bought his gun at the same shop. My dad went back and looked at his receipt and it was either the same day or the same weekend that Ray bought his at the same gun store.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jump! Great pistol.
Scary day: I pulled out the back seat (before the plastic inserts were installed) of my patrol car and found a fully loaded Bauer tucked in there. One up the spout, too.
Good outcome: The court awarded it to my Dept. and I toted for a while.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Buy it!
Nicely made little pistols.

The price is very good.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Picked it up this afternoon. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.

[

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty. Great find.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah that is one of those MUST BUYS even if you don't really want it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I prefer larger pistols, but I wish there were more pistols on the market with that kind of style. Polymer is good, but I'm really beginning to miss elegance.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Picked it up this afternoon. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.

[

Beautiful pistol and another well designed casualty of GCA68.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You are a very lucky dude. Great pick up, and beautiful pistol.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sweet! The finish looks like new...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post