SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trigger cover (minimalist "holster") recommendation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger cover (minimalist "holster") recommendation? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
You know, the little kydex jobber that only covers trigger guard. There are a few occasions where one of these would be useful for my Xds. I know it's just a little piece of kydex, but does anyone have a suggestion, one company better than another? (some that I've looked at online look just awful, like they don't even have a press, just using a heat gun and their finger. (yeah I could make my own, I have kydex, a heat gun, fingers, and even a home made press... somewhere. But I don't want to. lol))

(Edited some really strange typos)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have one from Raven Concealment that I like. If I buy another, it will be from Dustin. https://ozarksholstercompany.com/shop/guardglove/

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one of these from their ebay store https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker/

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale Fricke Zach is as good as anything else in this category. I use those as trigger covers when I carry off body, fanny pack or bag, never on body, but that's a personal choice.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another endorsement for Dale Fricke.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys... ALL of those are better than any I looked at.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 from Ozarks Holster and they had a perfect fit to the gun. They are not quick ship, so it took a while.
Decided to try another brand, and got one very quickly from Black Rhino, and the fit sucked! The company rep I spoke with was a dick, trying to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, which I did, because I had three from Dustin that were perfect; I'll never deal with them again.
I had to tip my buddy at the LGS to heat it up and make it fit correctly.

My recommendation is Dustin @ Ozarks Holster, who is a member here.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i just make my own, since Steyr holsters are like hen's teeth. they are not too hard to make with a little practice.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I always vote support a forum bender. I know Dustin at Ozark Holster makes them.

They are a handy piece of gear to have.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
dustin is awesome. he has done some sheaths for some of my knives.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CAS sent you an email.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I always vote support a forum bender. I know Dustin at Ozark Holster makes them.

Man I haven’t seen him around here in awhile.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Man I haven’t seen him around here in awhile.

Me either, years in fact. Last I spoke to him he was buried in holster orders and had a part time gig... maybe auto body repair or something similar.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I don't remember where I got mine years ago.
I thought it was Ozark, but mine has a metal ring in the hole.
I think it might have been this one:
UM Tactical UM-TG Trigger Guard Holster System for Glock 17-41

I use it in my truck vault for my truck gun when it is in there.
The rope runs under the mounted magnet so it stays in place on the draw.

When fitting..

In use, I ran the rope off to the side so it wouldn't catch on the front sight....

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I have this one and use it almost exclusively with my Kahr P380. I like the extended flange to keep the gun properly oriented in the pocket.

It does not seem to add any bulk in the great scheme of things, and aids in "unholstering" from the pocket.

There are holes for the lanyard option as well.

https://www.amazon.com/BORAII-...SWAF52FYHVZ79QDE6JE4

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post