SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stand Alone 320 FCUs from SIG, opens up customization
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stand Alone 320 FCUs from SIG, opens up customization Login/Join 
Picture of sjames
posted
I’m sure a bunch of you have already seen this but I’m pretty excited for what this means for the 320.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4EmalOQyQA

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see if the guy's right and they wind up stimulating even more creativity in the aftermarket. I'd still like a compensator for a 357SIG that will allow me to take the barrel out of the slide for cleaning and doesn't require some kind of glue to make sure it stays on the barrel.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4820076274

It would sure save buying a complete pistol and selling off the unneeded parts.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy cow!!! This hopefully will open the floodgates of customization wide open!

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, woopty-doo.
Many of us are building from a parts level now.
SIG wants in on the party.
(LOL, they still don't trust us to go parts level)

Will not affect my life unless SIG shuts off spare parts.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Now all I need is a barrel in .38 Super. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
$300 for a complete P320 FCU is a pretty damn good deal.
This is way too good to be true!

Customization is literally endless and can't wait until ~ October

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Genuinely curious how $300 is a good deal when for $199 more you can get the fcu with a $250 slide, $150 barrel, $30 recoil spring assembly, and two $40 magazines.

Think I'll just keep buying complete guns and selling off parts I don't need.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
Genuinely curious how $300 is a good deal when for $199 more you can get the fcu with a $250 slide, $150 barrel, $30 recoil spring assembly, and two $40 magazines.

Think I'll just keep buying complete guns and selling off parts I don't need.

No doubt about buying the complete gun for cheaper. I agree...
However, if one is going the customized route - its a good deal.

I bought a P320 FCU, stripped for $100. Add all the internal parts, you're adding another $150-200.. Add whatever slide, barrel, sights, optics, etc you want and you're at a customized P320 just the way you like it.

Just MHO.

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
On the one hand, it is expensive. On the other hand, you know it came straight from the factory. There's something to be said for being sure it wasn't monkeyed with by anyone except trained, authorized monkeys.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
On the one hand, it is expensive. On the other hand, you know it came straight from the factory. There's something to be said for being sure it wasn't monkeyed with by anyone except trained, authorized monkeys.

I think that's the real win here. Instead of having to buy/sell and having countless mixed and matched factory gun parts split up by consumers, someone who wants to "build" their own pistol a certain way can do it now without having to hit different middle men.

Regardless, more innovation is good and bodes well for the future of the 320 line, benefitting the end consumer.

I hope we will see something similar for the 365 series.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Over the past 2+ years I've bought 3 new P320 FCUs for less than $300 shipped to my local FFL. They are from guys that are doing what twpayne75 talked about.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
$300 is MSRP. After the initial rush, I’d expect street price to be $250, and eventually maybe even lower.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
$300 is MSRP. After the initial rush, I’d expect street price to be $250, and eventually maybe even lower.

After they sell this batch of titanium nitrided FCU's with Legion triggers ($150 list price just for the trigger), there will be a cheaper standard version with uncoated receiver and X trigger for $200. Just wait.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It's a smart idea. While SIG wanting to become the AR15 of the world is unrealistic, it will force its competition to adapt. I'm hoping maybe GLOCK will start selling complete frames and slides. I noticed Walther is selling a competition slide now so maybe they will expand. More options can only be good for everyone.

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they will have the manual safety version of the FCU as well.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
We now have more details:

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Some TL;DR from the video:

1) FCU is a P320 Legion FCU in TiN for $299-ish MSRP. Other colors may come later depending how successful this is.

2) If you register the serial number on the Sig website (like you do for Legion perks), you get a one time 10% off coupon for all Sig made P320 slides/parts/etc.

3) All Sig parts come with a Sig warranty. Third party vendors will warranty their stuff.

4) All third party accessories have to meet safety criteria in order to be sold through the Sig Customizer to prevent parts breakage because of compromised tolerances.

Those were the big points that I could remember. There was also some quick overviews from Zev, GrayGuns, Rival Arms, Grey Ghost Precision, and a few others over P320 parts/guns that they offer right now.

No word if you get to pick a manual safety model (probably not since it's an Legion FCU) or if the third party vendor's slides will come with completion kits like the Sig slides do.

Eventually, I'm going to build an X Carry-like gun, but it's going to be a while since I'm overextended right now.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to see 3rd party support for other calibers that SIG has abandoned, like the 357. A 357 X-Compact type pistol would be pretty sweet.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's hope this also helps support the 80% builders by making complete FCU parts more readily available. Prices on them are insane at the moment

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post