SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Caniks TP9 SFX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caniks TP9 SFX Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Any one have one? Thinking about the TP9 with the Viper red dot.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi ! I have been shooting one of these ( SFX) for about a year. It's all stock. no special work on it or aftermarket anything.
It's been 100 % reliable. It's quite accurate. This is my first red dot sight , so I don't know if it's the red dot or the pistol. Nice trigger.
There's a learning curve to using a red dot. It's not a particularly "pretty" pistol but it's a heck of a tool ! I would definitely buy it again !!
Hope this helps....mike

PS: I struggled to find a holster for it ( a year ago). I eventually found a kydex holster made for a long barreled 9mm Glock ( model 34 ???) that fit. The holster that comes from Canik wasn't very good , imo.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Btw.... there is a difference between the TP9 and the TP9 SFX. Longer barrel but more importantly...better trigger.... Some of the TP9 models have a variety of trigger and safety and decock set-ups. The SFX model has a very nice sticker fired trigger with no manual safety or decock.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please post topics in the appropriate area.

Moved.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post