SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs P938
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs P938 Login/Join 
posted
I usually carry either a S&W M&P Compact or a S&W 642 revolver. I would like to add to my collection another gun for ccw - something smaller than what I usually carry.

I am looking at getting either a P365 or a P938 for ccw. Which one would you recommend and why? Thanks.

Posts: 1663 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have you a chance to handle and shoot both? That will be the most important factor in your decision making. Also, what action do you prefer? SAO (P938) or striker fired (P365) gun? Both guns are nearly identical in size, but the 365 holds 4 to 6 more rounds (depending on the mag). To me, it's a no brainer which one I would pick. My P365 has over a thousand rounds with many ammo brands without a single malfunction, and I have yet to give in a good cleaning.

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Which manual of arms do you prefer: SAO or striker-fired?

I had a P938 and got rid of it after getting a P365, b/c I prefer the P365's trigger. The additional mag capacity is a bonus but not critical to me.

The P938's safety bothered me some. I'm usually a fan of ambi controls, but in the case of the 938/238, I prefer the P238's single-side safety.

The P938 is a little bit smaller.

I shot them side-by-side and found the P365 easier to shoot. Your mileage may vary.

If Sig made something along the lines of a micro-sized P239 with DA/SA trigger & SRT, I would buy it. I'm a P-classic guy when it comes down to it.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't add anything else than what has already been said. Both guns are great, it just comes down to what you feel comfortable with. I liked shooting the 938 but I don't trust myself with a SAO/cocked and locked pistol for ccw. There is nothing wrong with the design by any means just my preference. With that, I have a 365 and have to say what a really nice gun it is. It is small in size but shoots like a bigger gun, if that makes any sense.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and think they are both terrific guns. But I have to say it always amazes me that the 365 carries eleven rounds of 9mm. It is a very small gun.

The only thing I don’t like on the 365 is the X-Ray night sights. In my opinion they are not as bright as the Sig Lites on the 938. On the positive side the 365 gives you a choice of either having a safety or not.

If I had to choose between them I would take the 365. It just seems to pocket carry (my choice of carry method) better than the 938.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both ( 938 and 365) and both are fine little guns. Reliable, accurate and easy to shoot without a lot of recoil. I have recently decided to sell my 938 SAS because it is SAO and I'm moving into only carrying a striker fired ( no manual safety) concealed carry guns.

Only advice is to consider looking for the SAS model ( been discontinued) because they include tritium night sights and all the sharp edges have been rounded by Sig.

Can't go wrong with either !! mike

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
P938 SAS was my EDC until I picked up a P365. I prefer the P365 for a couple reason. Slightly larger size makes for a better grip, increased capacity (obviously), less felt recoil, and shoots like a bigger gun.

P938 shoots well, but can be more susceptible to technique issues (trigger finger pushing to the left) though.

Once I was comfortable with he P365, P938 went into the safe and hasn’t seen light of day since. I’d sell it but WA state has fucked their laws up so much the private sales are near impossible these days and not willing to take what a store would give me so they could turn a profit on it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Sig P365 would be my choice,I have one it's my EDC 90% of the time.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have the P365 for EDC.

Many years ago I tried a Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380. Nice gun, shot good, reliable, just could not get used to a cocked and locked mini 1911 in my pocket. I feel the same way about Sigs P938.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've got both, but my "go to" pistol is the P365. The little larger size also provides a 10+1 capacity that's a bit better than the P938, but I carry a 15 round magazine as my backup/spare. The P938 can't hold a candle to that. Both are good shooters and I've found them to be equally reliable.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 938 SAS several years ago and was my CC for awhile but I just was never 100% comfortable with it so traded it awhile back. I picked up a P365 SAS a couple of weeks ago and in the first mag fired I knew this would replace my P320 SC as my CC handgun. The P365 may be called a micro compact and on paper it is similar to the 938 but this handgun just does not feel like a micro to me...to me it is like a smaller version of a P239...liked the P365 SAS so much I picked up a vanilla P365 this week.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
P365 for me -- EDC

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have both, having picked up a P365 on Thursday and I just put over 300 flawless rounds through it yesterday.

In my humble opinion, I am able to shoot the P365 more accurately while shooting quickly (about the same accuracy if taking my time).

With the obvious benefit of higher capacity going to the P365, it will become a trusted carry gun provided that it shoots SD ammo reliably, which I expect it to. Having a 15 rnd backup mag or two to carry is very comforting

On the downside of the P365, the 12 rnd mags (which I liked best of all) are all but impossible to find right now and they are $40-$45.

The 10 rnd mag with the pinky extension offered slightly less purchase than the 12 rnder.

For me, I will pick the P365 over the P938 as a preferred carry gun (and I’ll probably keep the P938).

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post