SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any issues with Lone Wolf Glock Alpha Wolf slides?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any issues with Lone Wolf Glock Alpha Wolf slides? Login/Join 
posted
I am getting an Alpha Wolf Slide for a 17 build I am doing. Anything to lookout for with these? Do they require a Lone Wolf channel liner? I got it as I am looking to get an RMR in the future as I already had many of the parts needed for a build and those I didn't have I got a good deal on. Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patw,

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sample size of one has been fine. I don't feel like it has the finest machining, but it's completely functional. It also retains the stock look which I like. I think the Brownells slides are a little nicer.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I can say that Lone Wolf has great customer service.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies so far

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They are machined by Faxon in Ohio. I have made a bunch. I've also seen things, not critical to the part quality but, could have been done a little better. Slides are good.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had a poor experience with Lone Wolf and their Alpha Wolf Wave slide. The one I received had the hole for the barrel machined too oval or “tall”- with the gun assembled (with a Lone Wolf barrel and recoil spring assembly no less) and the slide forward, there was a huge gap over the barrel. I was able to push the muzzle of the barrel upwards a good 2mm to 3mm with the slide in full lock up.

I had ordered it on back order, waited months, finally received it, and returned it the day I received after discovering how messed up it was. They shipped it back to me saying their armorer said it was “in spec” and to try another recoil spring assembly. Clearly, that has nothing to do with the barrel to slide fit at the muzzle end.

Not being a fan of poorly fit parts and the potential for poor accuracy, it took many phone calls with a handful of people and me paying to ship it back to them a second time to finally get a refund. Despite owning it one day, they initially tried to tell me the as new slide wasn’t under warranty- they tried to go from the order date, not the shipped date. I think they knew it was a bad slide and were trying to not take it back.

The Brownells slide I ordered instead is much higher quality, and comes with stellar customer service.

This was in 2018, and I hope they have improved their slides as well as their customer service. I was trying to support a semi-local business in ordering from them, and it really bummed me out to be treated this way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scoobaru,

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That double bore was machined in the 4th axis with very high quality work holding fixtures. A very precise dovetail machined on location is how the slide was held. It later would be machined away in profiling of the slide. I was trained quite well by Quality in all hard gageing and dimension checks of the part. Four different machinists making these and only 2 on the same page. As I stated above, I saw some things. Right from the start bar stock hardened beyond machinability. That was the 1st place Faxon had to start over. There were very well made slides and there were slides made by people not dedicated to the product. After being taken off my shift for several weeks, I turned in my uniforms.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
David, I truly appreciate the insight on how they were made and want to be clear I’m not blaming anyone- sometimes less than perfect parts happen.

For me, it was the customer service that was most upsetting. I fully understand the difficulty in making machined parts and know that a less than perfect one may get out. How a company deals with that situation is what leaves an impression with a customer.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post