SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I don't know what it is about them, the overall look, the trigger or the fit & finish but I can't seem to give up on them.

Had a CW40 some years ago that I got rid of since I found I hated .40

Bought a MK9 from a member here that I had for a while but traded it away because it was too heavy for a pocket gun

Bought a CW380 that I really liked and am picking up a CM9 this week.

I'm not crazy about the way they don't advise you slingshot them and instead use the slide release to chamber a round each time you reload but that's something I can live with.

Who are my other Kahr fans here?

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not I. I bought a Kahr PM9 back in the mid/late 2000s, and carried it as a pocket BUG. At the time, it was the "best" (e.g. least worst) option for a pocketable 9mm semiauto to replace my S&W 642, but I never really grew to like it.

But starting in the mid-2010s when there became available a plethora of other better options for pocket 9mms, that Kahr went from the pocket to collecting dust in a drawer for years to eventually the chopping block of being sold off, with zero tears shed.

Much like the S&W 642 it replaced, it served a purpose, and that was worth putting up with at the time despite the drawbacks, but only until something better came along, and then I was happy to rid myself of it.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Bought a MK9 from a member here that I had for a while but traded it away because it was too heavy for a pocket gun

I had a MK9, man was that thing a brick and was traded away pretty quick. I regret not getting the PM9. That was the glock 43 before it was cool.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Had a K9 Elite some years back. Very nice fit and finish and ran flawlessly with any ammo I fed it. I just never could shoot the darn thing with any consistent accuracy. Sold it to a leo friend of mine at a good price for him. After several months he came to the same conclusion I did. Now I have a CZ and FN addiction.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I got a PM9 around 15 years ago or so and a CW9 as a soft of backup to the PM9.

Both have been flawless and I still carry the PM9 as a BUG from time to time.

Oh, and the reason Kahr doesn't recommend you slingshot them is that a lot of people can't seem to do it right, so Kahr advises against it.

I slingshot both of mine and always have.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
That was the glock 43 before it was cool.

The G43 is HUGE compared to the Kahr though. That's too big for pocket carry for most people

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Still pocket carry mine from time to time.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i have a CM9, mine runs like a sewing machine , had it for about 6 years, maybe 400 rounds thru it. like gold dots, i pocket carry in the back of blue jean pockets

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a K9 Elite. Accurate, however it did not like NATO or +P. Standard pressure was flawless though.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry my G43, no problem.

My Kahrs proved to be disasters, though I wanted to like them.

I still have them.

I have two P40's that went back to Kahr multiple times due to barrel hood peening, assembly pin falling out, failure to return to battery. Each time, Kahr claimed they couldn't duplicate the problem, but ended up replacing multiple parts, including the barrels, that were chewed up. Once, Kahr lost the pistols for seven months or so. Claimed they never received them, then eventually "found" them.

I quit sending them back after I received one from the factory, took it to the range, and it exploded in my hand on the first magazine. I got burns on the hand and face (fortunately no eye injuries due to wearing safety glasses).

Presently, I don't shoot them. They've been sitting in the safe for about fifteen years, now.

The steel K40, I never had trouble with, but the polymer Kahrs were a mess.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a P9. It is a nice, compact, single stack. It shoots remarkably well for a small gun with a heavyish trigger. I don't use it that much, to be honest. It is easy to carry in a holster, but a little too big for most pockets. Mine is reliable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P9 covert, K9 and K40. The P40 covert is the one pistol I have purchased that I really dislike. Just doesn’t compare to the P9 version. Not sure why.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I don't have one now, but have owned many. I shoot them well. But in the end I decided the P365 was a better carry gun. I still like them and if I run across a nice K9 , I might just snag it. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had, for a time, an E9 (cheaper-finished version of the K9) and a PM9. The E had a few problems (getting beaned by ejected cases and the front sight falling off) but they made them right. Once I got used to the trigger I could do some pretty good work with it. The PM9 also had some reliability problems, and although they too were fixed, I couldn't hit shit with it.

If you watch Blue Bloods you may have noticed Danny Reagan's (Donnie Wahlberg) sidearm is a K9 stainless. This has been - but I don't know if it is currently - an approved plainclothes/off-duty gun by the real NYPD.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had:
PM9
K40
K9 (X2)
MK9

Traded them, sold them to friends. All except the K40 were flawless. Never got great reliability out of it.

I have one left. A T9. Spectacular gun. Like I sent them my hand and said “build a gun to fit that.”

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the following Kahrs a PM9, P9, and P45. All of them are great !! God Bless !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I have a P9 and my carry gun in a VM2 is a PM9. I shot the PM9 in an IDPA BUG match once and everyone said I should shoot it all the time. Runs well and is accurate!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a much of fan. Size-wise they were the 'it' brand for a pocket-friendly carry in a 9mm. Didn't like how I shot the things, and then watching a friend's very literally fall apart at the range, and seeing a follower in our display PM9 break from customer handling. Then there have been the rumors (and reputed evidence) of the company's financial ties to departed daddy's Unification Church. Um...no thanks.

But I also know those who are very faithful to the brand and even proclaim their love for the guns. Almost like a cult...hmmmm.... Wink

-MG

Posts: 1981 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder:

I created this post to hear from other Kahr users here...not to be lectured on the error of my ways by haters.

Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Maybe it's a Pa thing.....

I've had all calibers (380/9/40/45) in both the expensive P series and the cheaper CW series guns. Have had some issues with the P40 which they promptly fixed, but the only one I kept was the CW380.

Flat, small, easily pocket-able, it is my daily backup to something larger.

Loved the PM9 but when I acquired a P365, it was replaced.

Posts: 275 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post