SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Love my K9 Elite and it made the cut when I sold a bunch of handguns for a reason.
Perfect deep Summer carry pistol with an untucked shirt. I find it accurate and it has ate everything I've gave it.
I don't do +P or anything crazy so it's basically been 115gr FMJ and HP's.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I still have the P9 I bought 16 years ago, so I guess I like it.

I really want a steel framed one, and the aftermarket kit that shortens the trigger pull.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just a reminder:

I created this post to hear from other Kahr users here...not to be lectured on the error of my ways by haters.

Roll Eyes

Oh. So those who own several, with thousands of rounds through each, who still have them in their safe, and who have had bad experiences...are haters, who shouldn't comment. Got it.

Cheerleaders only.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Just a reminder:

I created this post to hear from other Kahr users here...not to be lectured on the error of my ways by haters.

Roll Eyes

Oh. So those who own several, with thousands of rounds through each, who still have them in their safe, and who have had bad experiences...are haters, who shouldn't comment. Got it.

Cheerleaders only.

Why are they still in your safe if you had "bad experiences" with them?

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I have an MK9 that I like to ankle or pocket carry, but absolutely hate to shoot.

I've looked at other Kahr products and still a favorite of guns that aren't SIG.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P380. Ammo sensitive. Resides in a Sneaky Pete holster for daily carry.

Several years ago I bought a MK9 Elite which proved to be a POS.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very early, 3 digit, nickel K9. Absolute joy to shoot. Good stock sights, butter smooth trigger, feels good in hand, etc. It has a very tight chamber though. If I had a dollar for all the time I spent trying to get cases unstuck I would have a lot of dollars.

This was years ago, no reloads, all factory brass stuff. It got to the point I took HD rounds and holding the disassembled barrel in my hand made sure each round would drop in and fall out. I should have sent it back but never did.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a K9 years ago and regrettably sold it, so I eventually replaced it with a K9 Elite. Love the way it feels, smooth as butter and remarkably accurate for such a small package. I always wanted to try a T9 but have never had the opportunity.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I owned three P9s at different times, my wife owned a K9, P9, and T9. Decent guns, but we both found them to be more ammo finicky than what we were used to before (SIG DA/SA pistols).

No longer have any at this time.

I did see one of the limited edition ST9 "TIG" pistols at my LGS a few years back - looked pretty cool, had me thinking about buying it too. But I didn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I developed an affinity for the stainless Kahrs and have several in the T, K and MK styles.

I prefer the T's and K's, largely due to the grip size. I was never able to consistently index and grip the MK's to my satisfaction.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a PM9 that was my carry gun for years before the p365.

Now it sits in the safe and the P365 is in my pocket.

It's not a bad gun but I like my P365 better.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[

Why are they still in your safe if you had "bad experiences" with them?

Because I'm not going to sell my problems to someone else, and I don't care to drop them in the lake.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all know how difficult it is to find some guns these days, but can Kahrs be found fairly easily?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
We all know how difficult it is to find some guns these days, but can Kahrs be found fairly easily?

They aren’t a huge company like Glock or SIG but they do seem to be available. This one came from Gunbroker and the price was pretty good for 2021.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know how it shoots. The MK9 and K9 are ones that really appeal to me with their beautiful stainless finishes. They look they have quality written all over them.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily carry for the last 10 plus years has been a Kahr PM9 with Crimson Laser.

It has never hiccupped once.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a p380 that proved unreliable in my hands. I had a spotty PM9 I traded off. I had another with later improvements that worked for me. I traded it off for something the internet said was more reliable. That gun did not work out for me.

I've tried the XDS, G43, G42, and PPS. All of these were "just a little bit" bigger. This mattered to me as I was attempting to fill unconventional carry roles to include pocket, ankle and/or belly band carry methods. I remembered the PM9 and how easy it was to carry, but was wary of gambling $600 +. So I tried the CM9 which reviews touted as reliable. My experience bore this out. I could not induce limp wrist failures as I could on some of it's competitors. It fed steel case and zinc plated brass with indifference. So I bought a second one and still have both. The only caveat I have is that the factory plastic sites are junk as are the the trijicons (I believe discontinued now). I upgraded to Dawson Precision black sights and painted the fronts orange.

I don't love Kahr as my experience as well as many others clearly point to valid reliability concerns over the years. I also really wish the triggers had some kind of a wall to better predict when a shot is about to break. All that said, when you get one that runs, the size factor pretty well eclipses other offerings on the market.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold the MK9 I had but enjoy my K9 & T9.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigp6
posted Hide Post
I had an MK9 and currently have a CW45. Goddamn I hate those triggers.

Every once in a while I like to masturbate a big word into a conversation - even if I'm not sure what it means.

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a bunch of different Kahr guns over the years. I had several K9 Elites, a K40 Covert, and a P380. I had a magazine issue that Kahr promptly replaced on the K40, but other than that they all functioned without a hiccup. I did find the K40 a little stout, but the 9mm steel framed guns were wonderful to shoot. The only Kahr that I still have is the P380 which I haven’t shot or carried in years, mostly because I have other guns that fill it’s niche. It’s a neat little gun if you get one that runs well.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post