SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield XDs Pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XDs Pistols Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have had my XDs45 3” since 2012. For its size and caliber it is impressive. When I carry it, it’s in a Blackhawk check six at my 5:30. The grips are clothed in rubber Talon grips. I don’t carry it as often as I used to since lately, I use a Kimber Micro9. When I shoot .45, I take it along with my p220s and 1911s to the range. No, it’s not as soft as the other .45s, but the XDs by itself can carry its own w/o sacrificing accuracy or acceptable comfort to insure a follow up shot. I won’t get rid of my XDS.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a .45 XDS and I absolutely love it. It’s my EDC in the Winter.

I want the 9mm version now, in gray.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Still have my 3.3 9mm. It never went back for its "voluntary" trigger bar safety 'upgrade', so its trigger action remains as sweet as the triggers were known for prior to the safety fix. It has always shot well for me though I don't like the hokey and ineffective frame texture. A young lady I know has shot the gun and now wants it; given how I feel about SA as a company it should be gone soon once we settle on the price.

Same boat on the trigger and grip texture. I took mine to the range with a small wood block and 100 grit sand paper. Removed about 1/3 the height of the grip knobs. It really improved the grip and is much more comfortable to shoot now.
For me the 3.3 is an excellent small 9mm pistol.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
If given the choice, I'd lean toward the 45 (even though the 9mm would be fine too). The only concern for me would be the durability/reliability factor of a small polymer framed pistol in the heavier recoiling 45 ACP. Should this be a concern or something not worrying about?

Doesn't the dual recoil spring negate much of that recoil?

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I picked up an XDs 45 a few months ago. Only one range trip so far, but I'm pretty impressed with it. I bought it during SA's promotion with 4 free mags & holster.

Bigbore, have you ever had any problems with that extended mag? I remember reading somewhere that it caused the pistol to malfunction for some.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

Bigbore, have you ever had any problems with that extended mag? I remember reading somewhere that it caused the pistol to malfunction for some.

None so far, but as I said only one range trip so far with 150 rds down range. The grip in the pic is a 6 rounder that came with the gun. It also came with a 5rd mag.

In SA's promotion I also received two more 6rd mags and two 7rd mags. None of the promo mags have been fired yet.

Thanks for the head's up. I will certainly keep an eye on them.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan. My 9mm shoots like a full size pistol. I've shot practically every small single stack 9mm and none have been as accurate or easy to shoot.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about 3yrs. I carry it in a Remora holster with the 8rd mag. It is so easy to conceal, even only wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt.

Not sure of the round count, (2000?), but it has been flawless, and both my wife and my son shoot very accurately with it.

The

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It's a bit heavier than the shield. One problem I experienced shooting a shield was the magazine seemed too easy to come out by bumping the mag release. The xds may release is beefy, a little stiff, and very secure. Also ambidextrous.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
I didn't much care for my XD-S 4.0 9mm, but my XD-S 3.3 .45 is a definite keeper; more accurate for me than the nine.

I'm curious about the opposite case: I had an XDs in .45, and it was too beastly in my hand. I sold it to a friend, and am looking to pick up the 9mm version (in gray).

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to rebuild XDs 4" 9mm in order to have an acceptable trigger. It is hard to work on and difficult to close-up because of grip-safety parts. For IDPA mag changes, the mag button is too difficult to use. Sits in safe. Much better pistols exist.
M&P M2.0 4.25" is good with just changing sear. Lots of sight choices, unlike Springfield. PPQ-M2 4" in 9mm is good out of the box. Have someone who will evaluate the VP9SK 4". Shield and Springfields are just not good enough - in my experience.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post