SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    $ 4.99 P224 9mm Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$ 4.99 P224 9mm Magazines Login/Join 
posted
P224 9mm 10 round magazines on sale for $4.99 each at the Sig Store. When Sig starts selling them this cheap I wonder if they are going to completely deplete their inventory since P224 is no longer manufactured.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...rd-9mm-magazine.html

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Thank you.....just bought 21... over 100 equals free shipping. I think you right they are dumping inventory..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Thank you.....just bought 21... over 100 equals free shipping. I think you right they are dumping inventory..

If the boss would approve I would buy 100 of them and could still sell at a decent price and make a little money.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Fantastic price. Love to get some, but then I'd have to go out and actually buy the gun to go with them. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks just ordered 5!

Posts: 56 | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P224 was a big hit, apparently.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Does New Hampshire have an inventory tax?? Trying to deplete inventory by Jan. 1.

The did this with a bunch of mags recently MPX gen 1s and others if I recall correctly.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Fantastic price. Love to get some, but then I'd have to go out and actually buy the gun to go with them. Wink

How is this a bad plan??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That price is incredible. Unfortunately for me, it seems every pistol I buy, the mag. prices seem to go up instead of down.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked Ebay for pricing and there are a bunch for sale from $12.50 to $20.00. I picked up 10 of the Molle holster's at $3.99 each also.

hol-deploy-m-fde-front

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Are the mags new or used? I've seen plastic bins filled with used mags in the Pro Shop. The mags were getting dumped from the Training Academy but they were like new for cheap money.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Are the mags new or used? I've seen plastic bins filled with used mags in the Pro Shop. The mags were getting dumped from the Training Academy but they were like new for cheap money.

When the item says was $44.00 dollars, that would lead me to believe they are new.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
That is a great price even if it is a 10 rd mag.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those are 10 round where as mine came with 12 round. All the other magazines are showing in stock @ $44 each. Doesn’t look like they’re dumping all the sizes, just the 10 round. I guess if you’re somewhere that’s magazine limited, that’d Be a great deal.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So.... Does the price on mags mean I need to buy a 224? It sure seems that way to me. The only two things I think could be a problem, I like a gun I can put three fingers on the grip, I never know what to do with my pinky at tea hour and the fact it weighs almost as much as a 229. Is it that much more concealable? Do they may a +1/2 plate to give my pinky a little purchase?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use my P224 with a custom avenger style holster and it conceals very well...I've only carried my P228 a couple of times and in concealability there is a big difference to me.

I made a pinky extension using a stock mag and a Pearce XD grip extension and used that mag for awhile but eventually went back to my stock mag since it is easier to conceal and I actually shoot just as well with it.
Couple of pic's of my P224 on top of my P228 for comparison.

P224 P229 P226
Height (overall) 4.5in 5.4in 5.5in
Length (overall) 6.7in 7.1in 7.7in
Width (overall) 1.4in 1.5in 1.5in
Barrel length 3.5in 3.9in 4.4in

Capacity 12 (9mm), 10 (.40/.357) 13 (9mm), 12 (.40/.357) 15 (9mm), 12 (.40/.357)

IMG_8476 (800x600)

IMG_8481 (800x600)

IMG_8482 (800x600)

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

How is this a bad plan??

Another subcomp purchase that I otherwise have zero need or desire for, driven solely by the ownership of ultra cheap mags? Even in jest that's about as bad as it gets.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post