SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Name of a red dot for 0365XL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name of a red dot for 0365XL Login/Join 
posted
I admit I am sometimes dumber than dirt and I sometimes can't remember names of people, things, etc.

I've done it again. I know the Romeo Zero from Sig will fit the P365XL, but there's another one, another Red Dot, but it's not a household word like Trijicon.

Supposedly these two are the ONLY ones that will fit the XL without recutting the slide (which I sure ain't about to do).

Does anyone know the name of the other one? Not Venom, I know.

And, if anyone actually has one of these whatever the name may be on their XL, how's it doing, holding up, accuracy, and lastly, would you buy it over the Romeo Zero (assuming a RZ ever shows up for sale again).

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
The Shield RMSc is the other sight that will fit the 365xl slide. I have no experience with either sight, so I can’t help you there.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
US optics? Im interested as well.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phred, I can try to run one down and maybe find out others experiences with it.

Thanks again,

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
SIG Romeo zero and Shield Sights RMSc.

My RMSc has about 1500 rounds on it. The sight has functioned perfectly. The polymer lens can be somewhat easy to scratch. Just be careful when cleaning it. I use a q-tip with soap and water solution.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leo 10-7:

Did you have any trouble fitting it to the gun? I read on another site that the RMSc is too short on both ends and, therefore, is or comes loose. Any problems with that?

Bob

posted Hide Post
The other is the Shield RMSc. I have two Shield red dot sights...one RMS (for double stack pistols) and the RMSc for single stack pistols. Love them. Just zero in and nothing else. No other controls. They adjust to atmosphere automatically. On constantly and battery will last a couple of years. Shield made red dot sights for the Brit's military and special ops for years. Couple of years ago went public. These are designed for pistols__not every size fits all.
Very high quality.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
Leo 10-7:

Did you have any trouble fitting it to the gun? I read on another site that the RMSc is too short on both ends and, therefore, is or comes loose. Any problems with that?

Bob

There were no noticeable gaps between the RMSc and the slide. As a precaution, I always locktite screws, when attaching any accessory to a firearm.

I don't have very many rounds through the XL; however, I have put about 1500 rounds through my standard 365 since putting a RMSc on it. The fit on the standard 365 seems to be the same as the fit on the XL. I have not had any issues with the standard 365/ RMSc setup.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post