SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Polymer 80 Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polymer 80 Question Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted
Hello folks, I did try the search feature but didn't see anything pertaining to the "polymer 80".

I just watched a couple videos on the milling, drilling, and assembly...doesn't look too hard as long as you have the right tools... Why??? Why go through all this hassle if you can just buy a damn Glock out of a case brand new?

I know you can buy different frames, triggers, etc but the cost to me doesn't make it a viable option.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Ghost gun plus it’s different. Polymer 80 is now selling sterilized frames too that are already cut.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If I did one it would be just to tinker on a project. Build one up and be able to say I built it. Range Toy.

For the guys in commie-fornia. There is a big %80 market there due to laws.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8850 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Ghost gun?

I do like the tinker factor...the fact that you can say you build, milled, assembled most of it

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Ghost gun plus it’s different. Polymer 80 is now selling sterilized frames too that are already cut.

Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
The commies still think they can control firearms. And they think numbers on firearms will help them do it.
They refer to any firearm made from an 80% lower as a "ghost" gun since there is no record of it on file with the federales, or the state. It scares them.
I hope they never find out about Friendship, Indiana. Those boys turn out "ghost guns" by the bundred.... Wink

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Thanks, my search came up with a small amount of talk about the polymer 80 and also AR builds

quote:

Walther PPS M2

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Polymer 80 is now selling sterilized frames too that are already cut.

I plan on grabbing one of these complete, serialized frames. I like Polymer 80s frames, but don't have the tools or know-how to complete an 80% frame.

Once these complete frames are available, I'm going to use a Compact frame to convert my Gen 2 G19. (The grip texture and light rail on my Gen 5 G19 have me spoiled, and wanting to upgrade my Gen 2.)

Brownells has them for preorder at $135.

G17/22 sized: https://www.brownells.com/hand...facturer_1=POLYMER80

G19/23 sized: https://www.brownells.com/hand...facturer_1=POLYMER80

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you're going to buy a completed, serialized traceable frame, why not just buy a Glock?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Because as I stated, I already own the Glock, but I'd like to upgrade its frame to include some of the features available on the Polymer 80 frame. And I don't have the capability to complete an 80% frame.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Because as I stated, I already own the Glock, but I'd like to upgrade its frame to include some of the features available on the Polymer 80 frame. And I don't have the capability to complete an 80% frame.
Betcha do... got a file and a hand drill?

https://youtu.be/O_fWR0DGF-A

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone really need a ghost gun. I think it is a nice fun project to do on a rainy day.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post