SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which LED light.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which LED light. Login/Join 
Picture of Powder Monkey
posted
Which LED light would you recommend to mount on a 320X5?

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am a Surefire or Streamlight kind of guy. I have been happy with....

X300's
TLR-1's
TLR-7's
etc.

Right this hot second I really like the Streamlight TLR-7A for a few reasons.

-Cost to quality and performance is good
-I prefer a wider beam profile and the TLR gives me a little wider profile. Not complete wall of light like the Surefire max visions but a nice mix of flood and throw.
-Single cell light. Makes for a smaller footprint as well as I like single cell lights.
-Loads battery from the front which is AWESOME.
-Controls on the "Alpha" model are almost perfect for me.
-Its an unobtrusive light on the front of a gun.

I don't think you would go wrong with any SUREFIRE, most Streamlights and although I don't have experience with them Inforce.

I do personally have a Crimson Trace CT208 on an HK45C and I have found I very much like this light as well but if I could fit one of the others I would go that route first just because they are more proven, although I have never seen issue with my CT208.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not have good luck with the TLR-1's. I have had zero issues on the X300's and certainly would give them highest marks, but of course expensive.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streamlight for bang for the buck. If bucks are not a factor, then SureFire.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Surefire or Streamlight.

Most of us have been running Streamlight TLR-1/TLR-1HL for years with no issues.

I’m currently running the TLR-7A with the low switches on my duty gun (gen4 Glock 31) with no issues.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Surefire X300 can't be beat.

Welcome to The Forum.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Powder Monkey
posted Hide Post
Do I need any mounting hardware for my 320x5 or is out of the box all that’s needed?

posted Hide Post
Good to go out of the box. Surefire X300U is the book compromise choice. TLR-1 HL is also good for about half the price. I have both listed in my ad in the classifieds.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have Surefire x300 ultra, stream light TLR-1hd and a TLR-7.

The surefire is on my duty SBR. My TLR-1 is on my issued G17.4. My TLR7 is on my personally owned G19.5 MOS. I really like the size and amount of light of the TLR7.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Powder Monkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the help and insights.