SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR 01
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR 01 Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted
Am I understanding this correctly that it is always "ON"?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trijicon RMR 01
Am I understanding this correctly that it is always "ON"?

No. Not always "ON". It's battery powered.

From a vendor's description:
quote:
LED RMR: The first RMR sight offered by Trijicon. Basic illuminated red dot powered by a 3V Lithium battery with a life between 2 and 5 years. The RM01 and RM02 are LED RMR sights.

Adjustable LED RMR: The Trijicon RM06 and RM07 have a variable LED with eight brightness settings. Battery life is measured at over 4 years on half brightness (setting 4 of 8).

Dual Illuminated RMR: Trijicon RM03, RM04, RM05, and RM08 do not use batteries. Instead, these RMR sights are illuminated by fiber optics when natural light is available, and the reticle is lit by tritium when in darkness.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, from Trijicon's website: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...roduct3.php?pid=RM01

Developed to improve precision and accuracy with any style or caliber of weapon, the Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) is designed to be as durable as the legendary ACOG. The RM01 is an LED sight powered by a standard CR2032 battery. Housed in rugged forged aluminum, the RMR is extremely tough yet lightweight. New easy-to-use adjusters with audible clicks allow for quick windage and elevation adjustments. The new Trijicon RMR is tougher than any alternative and suitable for military, law enforcement and hunting applications.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks. Assuming the battery is in good order, is there an ON/OFF switch or is it always ON?

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its on. But you don't want an RMR01. Trust me.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
No on/off switch. Always on until battery dies. Mine lasted 3.5 years. In the dark it adjusts itself very dim.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
No on/off switch. Always on until battery dies. Mine lasted 3.5 years. In the dark it adjusts itself very dim.

This is what I'm reading/understanding as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tested extensively all the RMR models. You don't want the non adjustable ones. Get an RMR 06 or O7 as you prefer.
The new ones are now coming but I don't see any real progress in this area.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've got an older RMR02, currently repurposed and mounted on my G19 after doing time on one of my 5.56x45 rifles. Always on until the battery dies or the unit breaks, no off switch. Auto-adjusts for intensity, but the sensor's ability to interpret the existing ambient light level can be inconsistent depending on the direction that the RMR is pointing and/or where the primary light source is located. Annoying at times, particularly indoors; it seems to work best when I'm shooting outdoors in more even lighting. Previous couple of batteries lasted 3.5-4 yrs apiece.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!