SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are the good ammo for the Glock G44?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the good ammo for the Glock G44? Login/Join 
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I've only had my 44 for a few weeks now, and only took it out shooting once. Ran about 150 of the Remington thunderbolts bulk pack. Function was great, but accuracy began diminishing fairly quick. Got back home and began cleaning the barrel, and the grooves were almost completely packed with lead. Got it all cleaned out and hoping it's just a break-in that's needed because I've got 10,000+ of these rounds.

The research of this gun before I bought it seems to suggest that most reliability issues are related to bullet weights that are less than 40 grains.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS - Q

You Sir just won my instant (I get to pick the winner) 22LR ammo KARMA...

To a guy who gives so much to this forum, and me, in information, support, giveaways, and for just being someone who gives and asks for nothing in return - well here is a very small THANK YOU not only from me but from everyone on this forum.....

I will get this variety pack in route to you tomorrow since I already have another planned shipment to you and this will allow you to try several different brands and types of ammo in your new G44.....

Thanks for the person you are and I am proud to call you my FRIEND....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
HOLY MOLY, Mark. Thank you!!! This is simply most generous, thoughtful, meaningful, and timely gift. What was my wallet even thinking, getting a new caliber during this ammo famine. Roll Eyes But, thinking more about it, the G44 will be the perfect trainer for my wife, before she steps up to the G19.

Yeah, I had a .22LR gun or two, but that was almost 30 years ago, and they are long gone. So, starting over again.

Thank you again, my friend. Cool

Q

Posts: 26383 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As been said many tmes before - this place is the BEST!

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Q, I love mine. Accuracy about equal to my Glock 19.5 and reliability has been excellent. My only problem was my gun shot high with all ammo. Yes, even with the rear sight all the way down. A call to Glock CS and they happily sent me a taller front sight which corrected the problem.
Also be aware the magazine loads rounds in a staggered formation. Looking down into the mag from the top as you load notice one rounds rim sits to the left and the next to the right and so on. Loading it quickly without paying attention can result in a misaligned rounds rim which could result in mis feeding.
My last bit of advice is to add a minus (-) Glock connector. The G44 uses a stronger striker spring resulting in a slightly heavier trigger pull than the standard factory Glock. Using the lighter connector brings the trigger back to normal standard weight.
I just realized I am actually giving advice to Q for once! It's usually the other way around... Smile

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
That was cool. ^^^^

The one on my range won’t cycle CCI Quiet 22. I get it, it’s a lower velocity round meant to be run through suppressors but I’ve seen it cycle M&P 15-22s without a can. I figured it would be enough to power the plastic slide of the 44. It was all they had to sell with the rental guns at the time a few weeks back.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good timing, had mine out to the range yesterday, and 3 times last week, haven't cleaned it once, well it's a glock right!

Only issues I've had are ammo related, been feeding it a steady diet of bulk 22LR ammo, different varieties, nothing was problematic with the G44.

BTW bought a threaded barrel for it, and have shot it with the can and no issues.

Side note the Ruger MkIV was having some issues loading up the same 22 rounds, several FTF's but it's really due for a cleaning.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
I've only had my 44 for a few weeks now, and only took it out shooting once. Ran about 150 of the Remington thunderbolts bulk pack. Function was great, but accuracy began diminishing fairly quick. Got back home and began cleaning the barrel, and the grooves were almost completely packed with lead. Got it all cleaned out and hoping it's just a break-in that's needed because I've got 10,000+ of these rounds.

The research of this gun before I bought it seems to suggest that most reliability issues are related to bullet weights that are less than 40 grains.

Well get used to cleaning a lot because Remington is the worst quality control leading inducing ammo in existence.
I will only shoot it if I get it for free. Wouldn’t spend a dime of my hard earned money on it

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
CCI are the good ammo.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
I’ve not had a single issue with my 44. I’ve used mini-mags, federal auto match, some older SV Rem surplus, and some Win bulk pack stuff in 555 round packs.

No problems

ETA: it’s just about the perfect companion to my Gen 5 19s.

Must be because the gun came from such a reputable source...

Glad it's working out for you. I have another one that I'm on the fence about listing vs just keeping...

Absolutely! I've never bought a bad gun from you and you make it a little too easy to buy good guns!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I love mine! And mine eats everything I feed it. I mostly shoot Federal 36gr. I have had zero issues. It's a real fun gun. I wish it had a tad more weight to it. Pretty accurate gun. Enjoy it Q!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post